• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zebidi

• Fizz

• KiwiMR2

• Jones~32

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a yaris against a Mr2 then?!

Now that would be a close one to call if were honest!

Yaris would win around corners down to the immense FWD system i believe...... :P

:lol2:

i wouldnt laugh, i can drive my yaris a lot lot lot lot more extreme than my MR2.

the risks arent as high and the car is smaller, you have more choice of lines.

also, in the yaris you can floor it all the time and not worry.

I own both a Yaris SR and an AW11. I will put my hand on my heart and say the MK1 handles better, every single time - no contest.

As a car amongst it's peers - yes the Yaris handles well. But when you start compairing it to the likes of MR2s/GT4s on a circuit, you're on spurious ground.

Nothing new under the sun here I see. Some people seem to be instilled with this illusion, or rather delusion, making out the Yaris to be something it is not, was not meant to be and never will be. Maybe, just, that one could point out the Techno di C. Yaris, but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Undoubtedly, given their differences in drivetrain and handling, the Yaris driven against the Mk. 1 would rather fast become part of the decorum, all else being equal.

As Mike hinted at, the Yaris may give the impression of being fast, but that's only because the poor thing is making such a racket trying to get somewhere that could be classed as speed.

Spurious ground? More like up to your neck in Florida swamp ground ... and the 'gators knowing it's dinner time! :lol:

Yves.

Nothing new under the sun here I see. Some people seem to be instilled with this illusion, or rather delusion, making out the Yaris to be something it is not, was not meant to be and never will be. Maybe, just, that one could point out the Techno di C. Yaris, but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Undoubtedly, given their differences in drivetrain and handling, the Yaris driven against the Mk. 1 would rather fast become part of the decorum, all else being equal.

As Mike hinted at, the Yaris may give the impression of being fast, but that's only because the poor thing is making such a racket trying to get somewhere that could be classed as speed.

Spurious ground? More like up to your neck in Florida swamp ground ... and the 'gators knowing it's dinner time! :lol:

Yves.

there is a stretch that me and my friends use a s a time attack section, i will try to beat it when i get my MR2 back next week. Then i will tell you lot, It's just that with the Yaris i dont need to fear as the worse i can get is understeer where as the MR2 behaves a lot differently.

What i'm trying to say is the yaris is more predictable than the MR2

:thumbsup:

That sure is true. The nice thing about the Yaris is that you can have a bit of safe fun with it. When you see the outside of that corner coming towards you faster than you'd anticipated, just lift off the throttle and steer in. But from there to some of the claims some people lay on the Yaris is a very big leap.

Who said understeer ain't no fun? *opens next can of worms* :P

Yves.

lol :lol:

Yves.

understeer is great fun. im only 20 and had my mr2 n/a just under a month, i previously had an renault megane coupe, and i have access to a yaris (my mom owns 1)

out of all the cars ive driven the mr2 is so much more fun,

coming up to a corner or island

drop it 2 3rd keep the revs high

begin to break heavy to take the weight off the bk wheels

drop too 2nd begin to turn into the corner

then back on the accel

and out goes the back end

its just so much fun. whats the worst that can happen i spin?

no the yaris is totally different... u take a corner to fast in that and it feels like ur gonna roll the thing.

ive been watchin the drifint bible alot (teachin u how to drift mr2's amongst other cars) and i only EVER try it on empty car parks etc or empty islands/corners.

but over all the mr2 is so much better then anything ive drivin and just feels so much more in controll:D

sorry for the essay but just thought id give my thoughts :blink:

lol :lol:

Well you would say that :lol: :P

understeer is great fun. im only 20 and had my mr2 n/a just under a month, i previously had an renault megane coupe, and i have access to a yaris (my mom owns 1)

out of all the cars ive driven the mr2 is so much more fun,

coming up to a corner or island

drop it 2 3rd keep the revs high

begin to break heavy to take the weight off the bk wheels

drop too 2nd begin to turn into the corner

then back on the accel

and out goes the back end

its just so much fun. whats the worst that can happen i spin?

no the yaris is totally different... u take a corner to fast in that and it feels like ur gonna roll the thing.

ive been watchin the drifint bible alot (teachin u how to drift mr2's amongst other cars) and i only EVER try it on empty car parks etc or empty islands/corners.

but over all the mr2 is so much better then anything ive drivin and just feels so much more in controll:D

sorry for the essay but just thought id give my thoughts :blink:

I'd like to drive another Toyota i.e an MR2 so I can get a feel for how different they are, they do sound like fun and get a lot of praise on here too :thumbsup:

I'd like to drive another Toyota i.e an MR2 so I can get a feel for how different they are, they do sound like fun and get a lot of praise on here too :thumbsup:

this IS the MR2 forum right?

• 2 weeks later...

LOL :lol:

I was actually joking with the whole yaris beating MR2 thing but today had a bit of fun with a rev 2 and to be honest it didnt trounce me!

MK2 Mr2 is my dream car and will be mine when i am 21 so i will shut it now :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

And your point with that remark is.......................?

I'm perfectly entitled to voice my opinion thank you very much :rolleyes:

If you want a safe car by a GT4 if you want a exciting sports car with the engine in the correct place by an mr2. :thumbsup:

I test drive both cars after working on them on a weekly basis, the gt4 does not even come close to the mr2 for grin factor.

B)

If you want a safe car by a GT4 if you want a exciting sports car with the engine in the correct place by an mr2. :thumbsup:

I test drive both cars after working on them on a weekly basis, the gt4 does not even come close to the mr2 for grin factor.

B)

yes i agree there but im comparing it to a P1 scooby, the g-force when coming out of a corner is fantastic in the MR2 compared to the scooby, with the traction control set to 10% you could even perform a VERY VERY controllable slide on the exit.

LSD MUST be working :D

Sorry bud but regardless of the P1 settings the mr2 will STILL make you poo yourpants more than the scooby.

I have driven all there cars and owned both the MR2 tubby and the GT4. .. ..

I agree with the 3S lads as im sure they have had equally experienced all the cars. :)

END OFF... :lol:

Sorry bud but regardless of the P1 settings the mr2 will STILL make you poo yourpants more than the scooby.

I agree with the 3S lads as im sure they have had equally experienced all the cars. :)

????? i didnt deny that at all, my 2 makes me poo my pants untill they soak through to the recaros everytime i push it, the scooby i can jump into it and drive it like i've driven it for the past 10 years!

????? i didnt deny that at all, my 2 makes me poo my pants untill they soak through to the recaros everytime i push it, the scooby i can jump into it and drive it like i've driven it for the past 10 years!

Man.. we are going in circles... yes the scooby is more forgiving than the MR2 hence why so many people like it... agreed.. :lol:

the MR2 ont he other hand is more rewarding when you get it right because you know it takes a lot more skill than the scooby would do to make the same manouver.. :thumbsup:

Man.. we are going in circles... yes the scooby is more forgiving than the MR2 hence why so many people like it... agreed.. :lol:

the MR2 ont he other hand is more rewarding when you get it right because you know it takes a lot more skill than the scooby would do to make the same manouver.. :thumbsup:

aye i agree, and the only reason im still talking about the scooby is because im not used to the MR2 yet, even with traction control i can't justify pushing it on a b-road in the wet/damp/cold asphalt etc.

but spring or summer would be a different story :D

you get used to your limits lad... :)

Wet conditions are a no no but in the cold asphalt its all good.. :P

Get yourself booked onto a trackday on an airfield and let loose... spin the bugger and learn the limits of the car. aint half fun to boot..

I span out twice at bruntingthorpe last year and loved it! Neve get to push the car like that on normal roads and finding the edge before you snap into a tremendous fishtail is exhillerating knowing you can do it in reletive safty.

Will give you more confidence on what you can and cant do with the car. :)

yes i need to visit an airfield........

i had the rear out on a u turn once already though on 10% slip that was very controllable, still not brave enough to drive it without the traction control on, even when its dry

if you want a risk of crashing... get a mr2... if you want all year round easy safe driving, then get a gt4.

I've never owned a gt4, but I did crash y old mr2 a few times. Just when you think your used to how it handles.... Weeeeeeee!! Big spin!!

As for a GT4 or any 4wd car, like someone said, you can just in them and drive like a loon. Much less chance of coming off the road.

I used to push my pulsar like mad, dry or wet. I knew it wasn't going to kill me so I drove like a loon! I would never push the mr2 the same way I would that.

like how i drove the yaris then :D

was never in fear b road it at double limit and still felt safe and in total control, i cannot do the same in the 2 though

Get an MR2 and GT4 on track... then see which one is fastest :P

Anyone can go fast in a straight line :D

Not one GT4 passed me at Brunting thorpe when i was in my tubby.... :rolleyes: !Removed! puffs int he GT4's didnt know how to drive.. :lol:

Not one GT4 passed me at Brunting thorpe when i was in my tubby.... :rolleyes: !Removed! puffs int he GT4's didnt know how to drive.. :lol:

:laughing: Can't wait to get mine on track :P

what do u guyz think of the celica GT's then? i know GT4's are the best option from the range but due to my situation, i cant insure a GT4 lol, so in saying that, how is a GT?