Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Project Gti

Bass junky

Hi

Well after alot of sitting round chatting about the car my bro and I decided to take it into the garage today for brakes as it didn't have any

Anyway while its there its having new suspension, brake hoses and lexus style lights put on oh and white wheels too

We are going to run the standard engine for a while and then maybe do a 4A-GZE or 3S-GTE conversion on it

Further plans include GT4 brake upgrade, red and white seats and trim, maybe roll cage, Evo 5 front bumper, tints and maybe NOS

What do you reckon to the ideas? there not final as I'm in two minds

1 to make it a race spec car - stripped out with cage

or

2 keep it like it is with some extra power

Cheers

I would do it sort-of race car spec, i.e. seats & roll cage (clubman type cage) but not 'strip it out'. :)

She's white - the white wheels are going to look good on it with the 30mm drop

Yeah that'll look smart.

Got any photos?

i wouldn't put any type of kit on it at all, including an Evo front bumper. i know some people fit subaru front bumpers, as they do sit quite well with the look of the car. tbh, all i'd do is mesh out the front grill and bumper grill (removing the bars) with stainless mesh

what suspension have u gone for?

i wouldn't put any type of kit on it at all, including an Evo front bumper. i know some people fit subaru front bumpers, as they do sit quite well with the look of the car. tbh, all i'd do is mesh out the front grill and bumper grill (removing the bars) with stainless mesh

what suspension have u gone for?

I 2ND THIS !!

Hi Guys

Shocks and springs now in (think they are G-MAX)

Now the sanding down begins which should take about 3 to 4 days

She is rolling nice though the engine is perfect and the sound is awsome

i agree with JT and european bob, dont put any bodykits on it, looks so much better standard, just mesh the front :thumbsup:

Ok she will stay standard then lol

With the addition of Lexus lights and white wheels - and dials

Should I get the seats re-trimmed in red?

Agree with everyone aswell, BUT i would put a Black sprayed mesh rather then a sliver colour as if it was to bend even 1degrees then it would stick out, and ive seen SOO many cars with Meshed silver fronts and it spoils the cars HARDCORE!!

So id go with a Tough black Mesh and a laguna front splitter only and nothing else to body work, (laguna splitter looks PHATTTTT)

Cheers for that will look into it

Most of the rust has now been removed and other parts replaced to get her through the MOT - I'm surprised how good the engine still is touch wood

The dash kit is goung to be hard to get right I think

yeah like Gti-Racing says do the mesh black and with a laguna splitter (if u can find one - took13 months :wacko: ), looks much better, thats what i did :thumbsup: also definately try to get indiglo dials, they are the dogs danglys, look really good during the day and majik at night :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Bit of an update

the car has now been de-rusted and has just passed its MOT woohoo

New clutch fitted too

She sounds awsome with standard backbox

She's going in for respray on Monday too

Anyway now for the tuning to begin

Where can I get 254 cams for it? should I put a new zorst on t but don't want it to be too loud - it sounds great now with that prrrr :)

I want around 150bhp from the engine

Anyway when she comes out the fun begins - tints, sound system, red seats, new dials, lexus lights, white alloys and some tuning

Cheers

Mr T says £160 for backbox with 3 years warranty

Should I buy it or go for a custom zorst?

Ordered the decals for the side of the car

get the mongoose system. they are the best sounding aftermarket system for the GTi. they give good power increases over stock look better than he twin pea shooters mr t blessed the car with and are tainless steel