Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nissan

Bizarra

If you don't ask, you'll never find out! so please don't shoot :unsure:

I have never owned or even been in a Nissan So have been wondering are they better, the same, worse or very different from comparable Toyotas?

In fact, are they the same with just a Badge difference? :rolleyes:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaxx

• LORD_ED

• Twincam.GTi

• Karma Supra

Still doesn't really answer the question

>>Anyone who says you can't buy happiness has forgotten about kittens.<<

All the times I have read & answered your posts Em, & I have just noticed the above. Who could forget about Kittens.? Have lost count of the number of 3 piece suites that were disposed of, because they maake better scratching posts than any you can buy. Have you noticed? :help: :(

Mechanically the uk-spec nissans are rubbish compared to toyota, design wise they lost the plot after the S15 Silvia, but being honest the interiors feel nicer - better quality msaterials imo

but on the scale of jap cars (unless its a skyline or s-series) nissan fall beloow toyota

Agree with above.

I owned a Micra before the Yaris.

The Yaris to me feels stronger & safer.

Ok, so the Yaris is a 2004 model, and the Micra was a 1994 model, but even after going in the new Micra, it just wasn't the same feeling....

The engine was good. Nippy motor, and it reached 130,000+ miles, and was even with my sister's lack of maintenance on it.

Bodywork had only really begun rusting a year or so before i got it from my sister.

I would hope the newer cars carry the same ideals, but Nissan just doesn't scream "reliable" to me...

Still doesn't really answer the question

>>Anyone who says you can't buy happiness has forgotten about kittens.<<

All the times I have read & answered your posts Em, & I have just noticed the above. Who could forget about Kittens.?  Have lost count of the number of 3 piece suites that were disposed of, because they maake better scratching posts than any you can buy. Have you noticed? :help:  :(

Hasn't been on for long, it was only changed recently

My Brother in law works for Nissan. He reckons they are the worst cars you can get. They are forever coming back with stupid faults. As a mechanic he knows most of the customers on a first name basis because they go back so often. He has worked for Ford and Renault before (he doesn't rate them much either but he rates them both above Nissan)

I recently sat in an 200sx and was plesantly surprised :) Its very warm and cosy inside and the seat are very comfortable.

I dont think Nissan has anything on Toyota as far as reliability goes, i'd says Toyota is miles ahead in that department.

But for the money im very tempted to getting myself a cheap sporty nissan like the 200sx :yes:

id say they are just as good as toyota in all respect :yes:

the sx range are good, 350z good, RB26 gooooooooooood :drool:

if its japanese its GOOD! regardless.... well maybe some exceptions!

I was going to buy a 350Z - inside it was nice, a little dark and plastic comapred to the Lex...

driving/performance wise, i think it destroys any new Toyota...

But, i heard a lot of horror stories about electrical gremlins on them...

Funny someone should mention the interiors being better quality!!!

I think nissan are good cars, fairly well designed, but built out of materials that sometimes could have been a little better.

I personally don't like the interiors, they feel plasticy and depressing, kinda like a better built ford :D

I'd still love a 300zx or a S13 or S15 :thumbsup:

When it comes to reliability the S13s and 300ZXs are not great, but then again nor are the Mkiii supras.. I personally think the main blame are the type of people that bought them when they were new... it was that eara were yuppy types would buy them and mistreat them, skimp on servicing bacause "its jap it'll never break" and who cares if you are getting a new one in two years anyway??

well this is my first toyota i've always had nissans,

and i've got to say the rattles in my yari really bug'd me when i got it,

reading this forum its a toyota thing to rattle and squeek :unsure:

never had that in any of my nissans.

i dont know much about the new nissan's( think renault has to much of a say in it now)

but like jaxx said nissan are japanese so reliable :yes:

i had nissans since 1988 and never had to take any of them back for warranty issues,

so i think they are as good as toyota and honda and mitsi .....

I'm not sure why peopel think jap cars are reliable :lol::lol: Mine aren't!

I compared the Primera against the Avensis when buying new since it was cheaper. The Primera is quieter and may even have driven just a fraction better. Its engine reliability shouldn't be so far behind either.

Apart from that, the engines fall short in terms of fuel economy and power (size for size), the overall build quality is inferior/plasticky (but not bad), from the trim to the metal-looking but really plastic interior door handles. The Primera is also somehow more narrow inside and feels less snug due to the less cossiting materials used. It certainly looks as if it would wear faster overall.

I also didn't like the central display, not so much because I didn't feel I couldn't get used to it (and the odd emptiness behind the steering wheel) but because absolutely everything was chanelled through it -- sound, aircon, computer, you name it: it's much easier to have a button for everything than go through an inconvenient menu for even simple tasks. I don't believe in the displays longevity either. And when it goes wrong?

The colour reversing camera seems more of a gimmick to justify the display, particularly on models without satnav. Visibilty to the rear is a little poor, but the camera won't help if A) it's not fitted on your model, B) it's dirty/covered in snow.

I suppose overall the Primera gave the impression of a much less solid car than the Avensis and had a touch of Citroen-like gimmickiness with a hint of flimsiness to match.

Sorry this will upset a few but usually (on tuner models) nissans are more tunable better built and stronger engines too , plus we cant forget they gave the world the Skyline GTR !

More tunable... once you have lost the choclate factory big ends and mains :D

I thought the 2JZ-GTE was pretty much the most tunable lump out there... on par with the skyline lump.

Every engine is pretty much as tunable as the nbext, it just depends how many parts there are out there to tune it!!!

Don;t forget the Rotory lumps either ;)

i wouldnt say the skyline is the best car/engine out there, but its one of them

after all the highest power RB26 is about 1250 while the highest 2JZ still sits closer to 1600!

skylines were great when only the people in the know where aware of them, since nissan officially imported them they have become every chav monkeys dream and most of the best cars images have had their livelly hood in some respect shattered by the crap that is The Fast And The Furious!

and i think nissan and toyota have euqally able engines

RB26 - 2JZ

3SGTE - SR20

althought toyota have the option of 'rally-slag' in a few cases but nissan do a fair job of holding the 'drift' crown

and mazda rotarys are in a leauge of their own but can seriously upset some of the bigger cars with twice the engine capacity

you just really have to choose what you want the bodywork to look like

I am actually tempted to build a rotory powered MX-5 :bye:

hard top only, of course!

I find Nissan to be schizophrenic...

The same company that gives the world such dull nonentities as the Micra, Almera and Primera also produce rip-snorters such as the 350Z and the Skyline. Which is its true face? What is the "true" Nissan?

At least with Honda and Toyotas you can see where the range joins and follow the progression through the models, with Nissan it seems to be a case of, "Right, we've done a shopping hatch - who fancies a shot at a racer?" There's no coherence.

I'm not saying they're bad cars per se, they just have no appeal to me.

Still, they have to be admired/pitied for bringing the world a car called a "Cedric"!

A

I find Nissan to be schizophrenic...

The same company that gives the world such dull nonentities as the Micra, Almera and Primera also produce rip-snorters such as the 350Z and the Skyline. Which is its true face? What is the "true" Nissan?

At least with Honda and Toyotas you can see where the range joins and follow the progression through the models, with Nissan it seems to be a case of, "Right, we've done a shopping hatch - who fancies a shot at a racer?" There's no coherence.

I'm not saying they're bad cars per se, they just have no appeal to me.

Still, they have to be admired/pitied for bringing the world a car called a "Cedric"!

A

A "Cedric"? Whoever thought that one up should be going for a swim wearing concrete boots!

Are you winding me up? Maybe it has a meaning (relevant) somewhwere else

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links