Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Could Cry...

Flamby

Well today was going so well until...

I'll set the scene, the reading peeps will know what I mean when I say reading is heaving at rush hour, its mad!

right so im leaving reading with my friend and we have headed out by the IDR and have gone past madjeski and up that way ( dropping my friend off in lowerearly so junction 11 is the quickest way back to his house )

So im approaching junction 11 and its mad, traffic is heaving and nobody is letting anyone in, all I have to do is take the first left on the roadabout so that I can head back into lower earley, so I try to make my way to the far left but noone will let me in, plus about half a mile before this roundabout there is a slip road that adds to this so none of that traffic wanted me in.... awful junction.

right so I think no problem I will just leave on the second of the two lanes that leaves the roundabout as shown in the diagram Ive done... well lights go green and I start to pull forwards, very slowly as its pretty much a standstill... havent even left first gear.... and Im just about to leave the roundabout in my correct lane and my mate shouts at me to watch out so I swerve but its too late.... a silver corsa has just broadsided me ....

I swerve but she carries on into me pretty much, as you can see from the pics... tyre marks left the whole way down the car...

Anyway I pull over and collect details but Im in complete shock.... I ask her what the hell she was doing and she just says.... " I was going for the m4" I couldnt believe this as she was on the far left and you cant just shoot across a heaving junction.

Im just really upset and in shock that she didnt see me at all, and I was indicating but the stalk had already turn off by the time she hit me, i couldnt believe it as you will see from the pics I was already ahead of her, sadly I didnt see what she was doing in the car when she hit me and didnt swerve... if she was playing with the radio..... grrrrrrrrrrrr :censor:

but anyway insurance scares me but I rang them up and I think sorted it all out... now gotta get my baby repaired.... :( :crybaby:

Anyway here are the pics of the of the damage to my gorgeous car and a brief paint drawing of what happened... had to share it with someone :unsure:

Junction11M4.jpg

DSCF0469.jpg

DSCF0471.jpg

DSCF0480.jpg

DSCF0481.jpg

DSCF0482.jpg

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Guest rev3turbo

Feel for ya dood really do,

hate it when that happens, why can't ppl watch what the :censor: they are doing.

hope it aint too costly a repair n she get back to looking as mint as she was m8 :(

Feel for ya dood  really do,

hate it when that happens, why can't ppl watch what the  :censor: they are doing.

hope it aint too costly a repair n she get back to looking as mint as she was m8 :(

thankyou for the kind words,

I have no idea what she was thinking, I wasn't even mad when it happend... just in shock... I couldnt understand it....

but yeah Im gonna be quote hunting tomorrow.... I dont even want to claim on insurance as my excess is huge... they told me not to either... great insurance company, they take your money but you can go for a hike when you need them .... just down about it :(

Get her to settle outside of the insurance if she is willing.. play it along the lines that he insurance will eb better is SHE doesnt claim..

see what she has to say..

Man.. what has she done to MY.. i mena YOUR car... still feels like i own her.. :(

yeah well I hope she is... my insurance company told me that if I wanted her insurance company to pay then I would have to sort it myself??? I didn't really understand that one as I thought that is what they are for....

but she wouldnt admit to her mistake... just kept crying when I pointed it all out... I must have looked really confused when she told me what she was trying to do??? I just sort of stared at her thinking WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING THROUGH YOUR MIND!!!! :ffs:

Yeah if its her fault her insurance company will be paying surely??? :unsure:

Anyway, if it turns out it is her insurance company thats paying take it to the best bodyshop you can, we want it looking exactly the way it was! :D

Way bad dude, really upsetting

I got side swiped sitting in the right hand lane of a duel, an idiot pulled out to overtake without looking! Both doors and the cill is kinked! Only thing is that it was the wife's V6 Mondeo and not my Celica but I am still going to have to fix it.

Clealy avoidable if the other guy looked! Currently fighting with the insurances over who's liability it is! can you believe it?

bah its a crazy world isn't it... no justice... Im just scared of what can happen at the mo, I mean Im a young guy with a powerful car.... stereotypical... but thing is people have no idea how I cherish my cars and it breaks my heart to see it like that... dont you worry If she is forking out I will take it to the best bodyshop around :thumbsup: but we shall see...

by the way I know it could be alot worse and I am lucky I swerved in time to avoid any real nasty damage but its just hard you know when you love something like a car and someone does this :(

Oh Nooooo :crybaby: poor you and poor car

Hope she gets fixed soon damage is not that bad by the looks of it but its still damage at the end of the day :(

Good luck.

Awww no - I'm really sorry to hear this - silly woman - what was she playing at?

You can get really attached to cars though - I should know. But dont worry, I'm sure it'll all be sorted in no time! :group-cuddles:

aw nasty. I'm suprised your insurance company arn't helping more, I'm sure its normally one persons insurer dealing with the other. I'd complain.

Best of luck sorting it! It'll be a nice releif once it's all done.

Sorry to hear about the prang dude.

Had a couple of near misses myself in this sort of situation - usually on the bike, and Mr Merc driver on his phone is in the wrong lane. Grrr....

I swift kick to the door always gets their attention though.....

Hope it all gets sorted soon matey.

Wish people would concentrate on where they are going.

I have a habit now of not heading into a roundabout with someone in the lane next to me - usually hold back slightly and go in after, just in case they decide to swap lanes.

In all honesty, as bad as the situation is, the damage doesnt look that bad & it will probably be repaired with no cost to you, doesn't make things better but it's a concelation.

Way bad dude, really upsetting

I got side swiped sitting in the right hand lane of a duel, an idiot pulled out to overtake without looking! Both doors and the cill is kinked! Only thing is that it was the wife's V6 Mondeo and not my Celica but I am still going to have to fix it.

Clealy avoidable if the other guy looked! Currently fighting with the insurances over who's liability it is! can you believe it?

Yeah, I can, my dad was stuck in traffic on a motorway once & some1 went into the back of him & tried to say it was his fault. He just said "so, is he saying that I got bored of waiting in traffic & reversed into him or something?", the insurance man just laughed in agreement. The other fella had to pay for the damage, suprisingly.

thanks everyone :) I'm off to get a quote with a friends bodyshop today so hopefully all will be ok... I really don't know how to deal with elephant though, Im surprised they sort of sent me off to do it myself... we shall see what happens I guess...

but yeah damage is not that bad now that Ive calmed down :unsure: could be a hell of alot worse :blink: I appreciate everyones comments, very supportive :thumbsup:

Why have they told you to sort if yourself? If your making a claim then they should surely have a dedicated claims department to help you through with it? :unsure:

i know how you feel about your car though - a lorry scraped the back of my car once - clearly his fault as he didnt have enough room ot turn - he denied it and started screaming at me! so i screamed back! i never got the repairs done - my mate sorted it free of charge as there wasnt much damage :(