Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windows....

Gnome

I already use Rain X, but it doesn't seem to stop the smearing.

Have you tried cleaning your blades?

You can get some special lotion for them ....... I like to have a perfectly clear windscreen with no smears etc, but like you say a day after cleaning it gets all dirty again however I think it's just one of those things <_< !

Even if it rains it is still bringing down pieces of c**p on your car ...... it's called polution I think :P

I use Methalated (sp?) spirits to clean the windscreen and wipers usually. Dab a bit onto some cloth, and then run it down the blades.

Can't say I had this problem on the old Micra though.

:(

But! I'll be trying the wax idea next. ;)

Give it a good cleaning with windowlene first too; inside and out!

• 2 weeks later...

Still getting smeary windows, even after a good cleaning the other day.

I'm now suspecting either the wipers have gone (already? Done about 5000 miles with them on), or the washer fluid.

It's halfrauds stuff, but I didn't drain out the previous stuff that was in there. Could mixing washer fluid cause smeary windows?

Also, it seems that when I turn on the wipers, and use the washer jets, the wipers don't seem to shift all the fluid of the windscreen; which led me to suspect Wiper Blades, even though they've only been on for a short while...

my wipers seem to have your problem - they seem to spread the water all over - my dad and i have put some blue stuff in the bottle and over the next couple of weeks i'll see if it makes any difference - i dunno about the state of the blades - could be that i need some new ones - i bought the car from a toyota dealer so you'd presume that they made sure it had decent blades on it, well i'll see what goes on

have you seen the latest RAC ad

'all that smearing is grease, not dirt, just some 'ous old vinega like ya put on ya chips will sort it. just daaaab a bit onna rag and woipe it dahn the blade, good as new'

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links