Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side/headlights

DICKENS

Had it two weeks now. Switched on the side lights for the first time and hey presto. The normally bright red opitron display goes very very dim and you get the faintest of green lights to say the side/headlights are switched on

Is this normal?. (Told you it was silly question)before I look a complete ..... ..by ringing the dealer.

I read that the new Avensis is the same. Display is unreadable if you switch on the lights in moderate daylight.

Same for me if you put the lights on when its raining (saftey first ;) )

yuo cant read the dials :angry:

I don't have this model...but usually there is an override...so that when you turn the lights on ...the dash lights don't dim?

Vipes

Turn on the lights. Then you push the pin at the speedometer that normally changes between trip A, B and mileage. One of the options is now something that looks like a row of lines. If you hold the pin down now you'll change the intensity of the display in a few steps.

The brightest one is the same as the normal daylight setting without the headlights on. So - no problem really.

The important thing, however, you've got to have the lights switched on. Otherwise you don't get the option I'm talking about.

Best regards,

Max

wassup,

i have celica t-sport and got same thing with my lights - the actual display dims when i switch any lights on. went to dealer when i had to repair body damage and thought i would ask him. he said it is for GLARE at night and it is apparently easier to drive with. its definitely not a fault, the dealer assured me. all he said is u can use the display light knob to change its intensity, but not real effective. :wacko:

The reply from Max is spot on. In dusk it is difficult to see the display with the lights on. I have the dash on the brightest setting all the time-if you have a long journey you can always dim them a bit.

"Turn on the lights. Then you push the pin at the speedometer that normally changes between trip A, B and mileage. One of the options is now something that looks like a row of lines. If you hold the pin down now you'll change the intensity of the display in a few steps.

The brightest one is the same as the normal daylight setting without the headlights on. So - no problem really.

The important thing, however, you've got to have the lights switched on. Otherwise you don't get the option I'm talking about.

Best regards,

Max "

MAX, Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of that and it makes a major difference. :thumbsup:

Hi Guys and cheers to Dickens for asking the silly question and Max fot the answer, I've had my CTS for almost 9mths and did'nt know you could do this :huh:

Thanks Max. Its sorted. Guess what its even in the Handbook. Suppose I could read it!!!!.

I found the display adjustment rather quickly for natural reasons: guess you guys live in a nicer and brighter place than Sweden, where we practically have dusk and night conditions for half a year... <_<

/Max