Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs?

A.T.G

All i need to know, was how does the ABS work on the lil Yari?

After sliding my car completely sideways, i decided there is no ABS on the rear wheels... (Something to do with the fact that they're drums?)

As the front are more prone to sliding due to weight transfer, i assume the front is working, but i can't feel any of the usual ABS juddering that i was used to in other cars... Any help?

Funny you should say that, as I managed to skid the car to a halt on a B road last night.

Coming upto a T junction, car went light from going over bump, and then skidded to a stop.

Good fun though... :D

To be honest i'm not really complaing.. I casually mentioned it to my dad and he got a bit concerned... I dont mind as i've discovered j-turns and peak-steer ;)

Have you got ABS mate? ;)

I don't and if I brake heavily all my wheels just lock up and if I look out the rearview mirror after it all I can see is a big cloud of smoke! :D

Its not the best when you actually need the ABS though! :(

Shuld feel as tho its kind of vibrating under your foot.  Ive youve used a hammer drill its a very similar sensation - but under your foot.

I remember getting caught on some ice on a slope and feeling that - I got home and asked Rich if my car was broken.... :lol: Its a very strange feeling!

Just do an emergency stop in a straight line, somewhere where it's safe to do so and you'll soon know. Remember ABS won't necessarily get you out of a severe skid though. It isn't traction control.

i feel the abs on the pedal. it feels as if the rear doesnt use the abs though cos i skid the back end a wee bit sometimes on tight corners. i think thats just weight shift though when you brake. left foot braking comes handy :thumbsup:

My GS has ABS, again it has the funny hammerdrill feeling on the foot - only had it 3 or 4 times since i got it tho *Wands off topic a weeeee bit* - i think that having a decent tyre actually helps also! ;) Also, the braking forces for the car would be more to the front of the car so maybe that's why it doesn't feel like its workin at the back?????

A quick check here says that ABS became standard across the rance in March 2001. Older tan that a you probably don't have it, newer and you will do... My "S" was April 01 (I think, definitely April and a "Y") which is why it had it (saved my ***** on a couple of occasions too).

HTH,

Alan

Thanks for everyones help, and I've done a little research (both on the computer and on the road) and it really really doesn't.

(Proved by the 360 4 wheel slide)

PS Yaris is !Removed! good laugh round some cones, if a little underpowered (Bless it's little one litre lump)

I'll just have to plant the foot a little more sensitively.

Think two 180's at about 25...

My friend owns a farm with a big ***** concrete plot...

Put some cones down and tried a little advanced driving...

Think i crushed 3...