Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 1.8 Gls Mk 1

taximark

Hi i'm a taxi driver and have been driving an Avensis for my trade for the last three and a half years.

This wonderful car has just done 210k and i have only had to replace the clutch (at 190k ! no kidding!) the ignition switch which just simply worn and few little items like bushes, although more recently a lath shaft in the gearbox.

This car has been so reliable i have told many a people to but one, but now i face a dilemma. I now want (or in 6-10 months) a diesel as this baby will not last forever and i would love a new Avensis d4d however the prices seem a little steep so i was thinking of changing to a V.W Passat Tdi 130.

What i want to know is has anyone had any experience with passats? any problems? they are equally a well built car but at the moment especially with the new passat just launched the older shape prices are spot on. Thoughts?

P.s Would love another Avensis though

Hi Taximark

Haven't had a Passat but have had two Golfs. Great cars, the world's worst dealers in my experience.

Stick to Toyota is my advice.

Welcome to TOC Taximark.......................why has it taken you so long? ;)

Stick with Toyota.................you can't go wrong :thumbsup:

Had an Avensis, had a lexus then a Passat TDi. Sold it in six months and am now driving a Toyota again.

Does that give it away?

It was in fact the most un-reliable car i've had so far. Nothing but electrical problems. It was worst than my Citroens. Air bag computer failed, then the engine ECU failed. ££££££££

Obviously, alot of reliability issues have been sorted on them now. It was good to drive and quick.

Make of that what you will, because everyones opinion will differ based on their personal experiences. I'm sticking with Toyota from now on however.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links