Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Obd-ii Diagnostic For Carina E 1.8 96

a__l

Hi ...

Does anybody know if it's possible to connect OBD-II scanner to Carina E 1.8 96.

And what is the protocol are using in Carina's for diagnostics ..... ?

Thanks....

Hi ...

Does anybody know if it's possible to connect OBD-II scanner to Carina E 1.8 96.

And what is the protocol are using in Carina's for diagnostics ..... ?

Thanks....

Hi,

As far as I am aware the engine management on the 96 1.8 Carina E uses a TCCS unit which is not obd2 compliant. I have a 1.8GS '96P'. If I am mistaken then please let me know as I have got the bits to construct an OBD2

diagnostic tool.

on tccs system all you have to get fault codes out of the system is find the diagastnotic socket under the bonnet ,open it and look in the cap find pin TE1 and E1 and put a wire between them to bridge them out, turn the key to 2nd stage and watch the engine light this flashs a code ie code 21 is 2 flashes then a gap then 1 flash it will then do it all over again !

Normaly is code 21 which is oxygen sensor!

Hope this helps

• 18 years later...
On 9/30/2005 at 10:52 PM, Big Bad Bob said:

on tccs system all you have to get fault codes out of the system is find the diagastnotic socket under the bonnet ,open it and look in the cap find pin TE1 and E1 and put a wire between them to bridge them out, turn the key to 2nd stage and watch the engine light this flashs a code ie code 21 is 2 flashes then a gap then 1 flash it will then do it all over again !

Normaly is code 21 which is oxygen sensor!

Hope this helps

Where is this oxygen sensor located?  I have found the MAP sensor and the air temp sensor but not the oxygen sensor.  

6 minutes ago, Stevanom said:

Where is this oxygen sensor located?  I have found the MAP sensor and the air temp sensor but not the oxygen sensor.  

In the exhaust, one before the cat and one after it

I doubt you will get a reply from the OP as its an 18 year old thread and the OP hasn't been on here in 10+ years

836505081_Toyota23pinOBD1.thumb.png.87075bf62c0fab2d245f1f8a47a0fcab.png

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

In the exhaust, one before the cat and one after it

I doubt you will get a reply from the OP as its an 18 year old thread and the OP hasn't been on here in 10+ years

836505081_Toyota23pinOBD1.thumb.png.87075bf62c0fab2d245f1f8a47a0fcab.png

Could this be the consequence of some blocked valve in the intake manifold?  For months we were searching why there was a tingling sound in that area, and suddenly that stopped but the code 21 appeared.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links