Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3s Engines.

TOYMOTA

may i ask what you mean by interference? do you mean like an engine that doesnt cause the awful noises i had on the stereo in my fiesta till i supressed it? :)

Nope in short it means if your cambelt snaps there is a good change it WON'T destroy the rest of your motor in the process ;)

ah so that in context means the 3s is good cos if cambelt goes engine wont die imminently as a result eh? :) thanks for helping me grasp this

Nope in short it means if your cambelt snaps there is a good change it WON'T destroy the rest of your motor in the process ;)

It did to mine, the non interference bit didnt work lol.

bent 10 valves, but i guess that because i was doing silly speeds on my private runway. AND YES I DO HAVE MY OWN PRIVATE RUNWAY :lol:

Surely it's either non-interference or it isn't?

If a fully open valve projects below the highest point of the piston's travel then if the belt goes there will be destruction, and if it doesn't then there won't be; the speed you're travelling at can't be a factor, can it?

AFAIA if your doing FAST speeds & high rev's it can still, even if it's a non-interferance motor.

Cheers

KiwiMR2