Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What A Day!

~Rach~

Got rushed to hospital this morning :(

Went in with serious stabbing pains in my leg and chest. Diagnosed as suspected DVT (blood clot in my leg).

Had loads of needles poked into me, as they needed blood from my arm twice and wrist twice (needed it directly from an artery), some from my finger (blood sugar test), and I needed blood thinning drugs into my stomach. Six extra holes in my body now! Six! Feel well and truely like a human pin cushion :crybaby:

They said I was going to have to be admitted for monitoring, so they shifted me down onto a ward. Was sat round for 4hrs in a surgical gown til they decided I do have DVT but they cant scan for it as the ultrascan dept is closed! Been sent home, and have to go back tomorrow for another blood thinning jab, then back on monday for my scan and another jab.

So Im sat with my leg up, in agony, feeling really fed up. But hey, it beats a hospital bed I suppose...... :unsure:

Oh just have to say ta to Tom for calling me wanting sympathy until I told him what Ive done today! Love you hunny :group-cuddles: :lol:

Ouch, really feel for you there, I hate injections so I wouldn't like that 1 bit, like you said though, at least you're home now rather than in a hospital ward.

Good luck on Monday :group-cuddles:

Awwwww hope you get on OK on Monday, relax...take it easy.....get him to do everything. :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles:

36_17_1.gif36_1_40.gif I'm sure you're in good hands

Anne here btw

I can understand what your going through.. my wife had the same problem, she was rushed in, diagnosed as having DVT and got all the blood samples taken (she said the ones in the wrist were the most painfull) then there are those injections in the belly.. ouch!.. she had 2 per night, every night from the friday to the tuesday (she was kept in) the scan department was also closed in her case and by the time she got her scan done.. with all that rat poison (yes..warfarin.. thats what thins the blood) luckily the clots had cleared.

She has been warned that if she feels anyhing similar in the future.. she is to go straight up to A&E and not to bother with the GP. Fortunatley she is fine now and has had no more problems.

sorry to hear that Rach :(

i hate hospitals so its good news you are at home.

good luck for monday :thumbsup:

Gees Rach - I just read your message to me in SoTOC and I thought "Huh? Hospital?"

Now I get it!!

Glad you are okay hun, if you arent up for that drink next weekend then thats ok - I'll PM you my mobley number if you want - either to arrange it or so you can call me if you cant make it! :thumbsup: Get well soon hunny! :group-cuddles:

Rach Honey ,Sorry to hear that news, & I can't believe it. You are one hell of a lucky Girl to be in a position to go on line tonight & tell us about it. It could have been much worse.

We'll say prayers for you . Do what they tell you & you'll be grand! :wub:

Keep us posted. They may put you on Aspirin, full time, as a precaution. Been there & got the t-shirt :lol:

Hope all goes well Rach................will be thinking of you :group-cuddles:

Thanks for your messages peeps :) :group-cuddles:

Had a really hellish night last night, nearly ended going back into hospital. Leg pains got worse, breathing was painful, and I had the worse headache I've ever ever had (and considering I suffer migraines, it was !Removed! painful!).

I cant take nuraphen as I would normally for a headache as you cant take it while on anti clotting meds :crybaby: so decided to go sleep it off after my breathing eased up. Nick had to keep checking on me in the night to make sure I hadnt stopped breathing etc. Desperately didnt want to go back into hospital unless urgent.

Everythings got a bit better now, but still got splitting headache now :(

Em, dont worry, will get myself fixed in time for next weekend :)

Meant to be out on friday too (payday) so I better not be admitted! :lol:

Just back from hospital again, with yet another hole in my tummy :(

Hurts like hell and I feel exhausted again. Luckily Lu behaved herself even when I had the jab done....

Teegs, not sure whats caused it, but they have said my job (sat at a desk all day), high stress levels (causes veins to constrict apparently) and being on the pill are most likely candidates for the blame. Just keeping fingers crossed for a negative scan tomorrow so I dont have to have any more nasty jabs :crybaby:

Bloody 'ell Rach hope you get better soon. :thumbsup:

Then what you need is a long weekend at the TOC BBQ centre so that you can recouperate. :yes:

Can't guarantee you won't end up back in hospital though (either food or alcoholic poisoning ;) )

Take care.

Les

Hope you are on the road to recovery soon mate :group-cuddles:  what pill are you on hun?

Dianette, but looks like they're going to take me off it now :(

Hope you are on the road to recovery soon mate :group-cuddles:  what pill are you on hun?

Dianette, but looks like they're going to take me off it now :(

Not heard off that one hun, but then again all pills can be dodgy. :unsure:

Dianette can be extra dodgy, I had to have blood tests and all sorts - can mess with your liver as well as the possibility of the DVT.

I'm now back on Microgynon, but I'm still having problems - sometimes I wonder why we bother (well apart from the obvious contraceptioney reason!)

Dianette can be extra dodgy, I had to have blood tests and all sorts - can mess with your liver as well as the possibility of the DVT.

I'm now back on Microgynon, but I'm still having problems - sometimes I wonder why we bother (well apart from the obvious contraceptioney reason!)

Yeah Im on Microgynon and apart from the evil feeling off morning sickness when your not pregnant, :eek: and in the early days I put a bit of weight on but so far it hasn't let me down, its just a ball ache remembering to take it.

I am looking into the contraceptive patch :thumbsup: seeing what the pros and cons are off that are.

But any contrceptive pill is dodgy.... sods law.

Sorry for the hijack :P

I really do apologise for this, but I can't resist it! I didn't realise that Sods needed contraceptive pills! :rolleyes:

Being serious, I think that you may be seeing the inside of your Hospital for some time to come. I hope I am wrong < really hope that you will be 100% soon.

Contraceptive pills are not the only option. There have been "Johnnies" for a lot longer. & there is always the "Snip" Ouch ;)

I really do apologise for this, but I can't resist it! I didn't realise that Sods needed contraceptive pills! :rolleyes:

Being serious, I think that you may be seeing the inside of your Hospital for some time to come. I hope I am wrong < really hope that you will be 100% soon.

Contraceptive pills are not the only option. There have been "Johnnies" for a lot longer. & there is always the "Snip" Ouch ;)

Hmm well personally....

I'm 24 years old sweetheart - I'd rather my bits work for when I want to have a baby (which will probably be soon! :D ) No snips! lol

Johnnies are annoying, and I'm allergic to latex so we have to buy the non-allergic expensive ones and then its only 98% effective anyway!

You can get all sorts though, injections, implants, coils...... Ok, going into TMI territory now! :lol: