Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing An Airbag Steering Wheel.

Mackers

I've just had my tracking and camber re-done, but my steering wheel isn't "straight" anymore, am i able to take it off and re-align it on the "splines" on the steering column, i know certain cars the AIRBAGS will "go-off" and i don't want that, what the safest way to remove the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Take the car back to where you got the tracking done and tell them you want it re-done with the wheel centred.

Of course you could go to the trouble of taking the wheel off, but why should you?

What they have done is adjusted one side only, this has the effect of putting the wheel off centre.

Moving the wheel is the wrong thing to do. If you dont want to take it back to then you would be better off adjusting it back to the middle yourself. Its just a case of shortening one track rod and lengthening the other by the same amount(say one thread on each at a time) to keep the tracking right.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links