Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ring Ring, Don't Answer That Phone....

gordypix

Here it is officially:

Motorists Face Big Fine for Using Mobiles at the Wheel

DRIVERS using mobile phones at the wheel will face fines of up to £1,000.

Initially offenders will be subject to a £30 fine which can be increased to a maximum of £1,000 if the matter goes to court.

Road Safety Minister David Jamieson said the new offence will take effect from December 1.

The Government is also planning to legislate so drivers will get three points on their licence each time they are caught holding a phone.

Introducing the fines, Mr Jamieson said: "Driving whilst using a mobile phone is dangerous."It affects the ability to concentrate and anticipate the road ahead, putting the driver and other road users at risk.

"Our decision to introduce this new offence will make the roads safer for us all.

"Missing a call won't kill you, an accident quite possibly could."

Research demonstrated that driving and using a mobile phone meant motorists are four times more likely to have an accident, he said.

Hands-free calls were also distracting and still put drivers at risk, he added.

Drivers already face prosecution for careless or even reckless driving if using a phone means they do not have proper control of their vehicle.

Answer phones switched on everybody :!Removed!: :!Removed!: ...........

not quite, the new law which comes into effect in december of this year does state that it is NOT illegal to use handsfree kits...

So are drive through McDonalds to be banned?

What about smoking at the wheel? :censor:

Soon it will be changing the radio or air conditioning settings. :ffs:

Sorry, you can't use your indicators. Both hands must remain on the wheel.

Well you should have shelled £200,000 for a Formula 1 wheel sir.

I agree with phones being on handsfree but there are other things they won't address because they can't prove it. Turning a blind eye is not a solution.

Handsfree means exactly that too. As in bluetooth or stand alone. Those Speakers and mics that come with the phone aren't good enough under the new law.

There was a tragic case where a man caused death by dangerous driving in that he reached into his jacket pocket for some chewing gum and was distracted for less then 2 seconds.

Technically looking at your radio or air-con could be classed as a distraction if something similar happened.

There are going to be some very thin lines addressed in the future when it comes to driving.

Technically looking at your radio or air-con could be classed as a distraction if something similar happened.

I'll be right then. The aircon rad just got trashed to make room for the intercooler and the supercharger makes all the music I want to listen to :D :D :D

What about people opening a packet of fags, throwing the paper out of the window, reaching for a light, looking for the ashtray, I would think smoking a fag with one hand can last more than one telephone conversation !!!! :angry::angry:

What about people opening a packet of !Removed!, throwing the paper out of the window, reaching for a light, looking for the ashtray, I would think smoking a !Removed! with one hand can last more than one telephone conversation !!!! :angry::angry:

yup but have 2 hands on the wheel most of the time while smoking it and not concentrating on cig as it's second nature, eyes dont come of the orad as it's a natural motion :D

don't look at ashtray has have window :)

doh! so masturbating while driving is out too i guess :crybaby:

Unless Gillian Taylforth is your passenger !! :P

doh! so masturbating while driving is out too i guess  :crybaby:

Unless Gillian Taylforth is your passenger !! :P

You one sick puppy dude :help: