Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tire Size

suzie

I just picked up a pair of P205/70R13s for next to nothing. I want them on the back where I'm running P185/70R13s at present. Will they fit? They are a little taller but not much, anyone else using this size?

They're quite a bit wider - 205mm

Difference in circumference is 87.97mm or 4.75%

The increase in size may upset the handling.

Thought I'd let you know I got those babies installed and it's worked out fine. I wondered about the handling too but so far so good. I have another dumb question and will ask here instead of starting a new thread. What's involved in replacing a spark plug gasket. Is it a big deal or no?

Spark plug gasket??????? Someone :arrgg-matey: is pulling your leg.

Spark plugs come supplied with a metal sealing ring. If it breaks - buy a new spark plug. No more than 5 minutes to replace.

Please re-post if further info required.

jas~ Just put in new plugs. When I removed the old ones, there was oil all over one. Flipped me out as I just had a $5000.00 engine job last summer. My son said it's no big deal, just a plug gasket gone. Are there not little gaskets that seat in the valve cover gasket? Maybe I am crazy, that's why I'm askin. :help:

When you say oil all over the plug, was it on the ceramic part (external) or the electrodes?

Oil on the ceramic part indicates an external oil leak - more than likely from the cam cover. Use a mirror and torch to locate where the oil is coming from.

Oil on the electrodes indicates an internal problem. Worn piston liner/rings or inlet valve guide. Look at the site that cel_94 has provided a link to - 5th picture down is oil on the electrodes.

If you still have problems - repost. :thumbsup:

External- all over the ceramic. Question is, is this a warranty issue regarding the engine job? I've got another month before warranty is up and want to get it to the dealership if it's their responsibility. My son insists it's easy to replace by taking valve cover off. Sometimes he's right and sometimes he's full of crap, that's why I'm asking you guys. ;)

jas~ Just put in new plugs. When I removed the old ones, there was oil all over one. Flipped me out as I just had a $5000.00 engine job last summer. My son said it's no big deal, just a plug gasket gone. Are there not little gaskets that seat in the valve cover gasket? Maybe I am crazy, that's why I'm askin. :help:

Is there no other oil under the engine,cam cover surrounding edges,bonnet underside?

Basically no way or indication where the oils gone? And take it its a new engine change so up to the firm that fitted it to sort it out.Give them hell!

But it shouldn't be like you said so tear into them about it :thumbsup:

Strange as it may seem there is no oil showing up anywhere except in the one plug hole. I've been very pleased with the engine, I haven't had to add a drop of oil either, I was shocked when that plug came out covered in oil. I think you're right, that I should get it back to the dealership and see what they say about it. Thanks, everybody! :)

Is the oil in the plug closest to the oil fil hole? If so, and you are not using any oil, they may have filled it with oil witht he plugs out and spilled some???????? Just a thought

It seems one of my plug seals is leaking. Not a big deal, will cost about $75 to fix at the dealership. This is something I've never seen before. I'm just glad it's not serious. B)