Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7th Gen Stereo Removal

neilg

Hi, i want to remove my standard fit stereo for a new one. I have bought a blanking plate already as the new radio is half the size.

Are there any guides on removing the stereo? is it a simple job for someone who has has no expereince on working with cars?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DefiantFrog

• The Jackal

• xxhumdanxx

• neilg

Yeah, its easy enough to get the old Stereo out...

Sit in the Drivers seat, starting with the panelling of your centre console just in front of the 'leccy windows, gently lift the silver plastic up, this will slowly unclip all the way round to just below the air-con / climate control. Unclip the gearstick gaitor, and the power for your !Removed! lighter. The panel will then come away.

Pull off all the nobs for the aircon / climate control. You should be able to see 4 screws then, 2 just below the panel for A/C, and 2 behind the nobs you just pulled off. Undo all of them. Remember which size came from where for when you put them back!!

Gently start pulling away the rest of the centre console starting at the bottom and working your way up. Best way is to pull it in to the centre of the car. Don't try and pull upwards to the roof, as you may break some of the clips. The hardest to do is the one right at the top by the clock, again, pull straight out, not up! Give it a bit of a wiggle if its being difficult. Disconnect the clock power, and move your console somewhere safe.

You can then easily remove your old Stereo with a socket set. Putting the new one in with the facia might be a bit more difficult, and you may have to drill holes in to the stereo mount brakets to fit it all, but I can't really comment about that, as I ain't got a clue what kind of facia you have...

If you got any more questions though, feel free to gimme a yell. I had to drill in to mine, so if you need any pointers I'l try to help.

Hope all that helps! Good luck! :thumbsup:

PS - just remember to be gentle with it all!! Don't wanna break anythin!

Thanks, checked out your car - i used to have a black one but it got nicked and i replaced it with a silver one (had a few black cars so fancied a change). I work in a College and all the kids used to call it the batmobile etc. they all loved it.

Waiting for the silver fascia and wiring loom to arrive from eBay and i will fit my stereo over the weekend - it has mp3 and media card slots so i can play masses of MP3 off a couple of 512mb SD Media cards,

I replaced the rear lights on mine with the lexus style clear ones but got pulled over by the cops and had to put originals back on. The lights look cool but unfortunately dont flash orange unless you make some custom changes but then you dont get a reverse light!!!!!

:yes:

• 1 month later...
Hi, i want to remove my standard fit stereo for a new one. I have bought a blanking plate already as the new radio is half the size.

Are there any guides on removing the stereo? is it a simple job for someone who has has no expereince on working with cars?

Hi where did you get your blanking plate if you dont mind me asking. As I need one for my gen 6.

Cheers

Jackster

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I've just purchased an Ipod kit and need to connect it up to the 58806 CD Changer port........

These look like excellent instructions to removal the panels required to gain access to stereo.

I have Celica T-Sport 2005 with flat panel knobs on climate control panel as pictured here:-

http://plaza.umin.ac.jp/~satoshi/mod0AAen.html

Do you know if these prise off in the same way as the control knobs process you describe?

I really don't want to break them!

Many thanks

I have absolutely no idea about the C?C buttons... Sorry chap. Bet someone will answer soon though, must have been done enough times from people on here...

• 9 months later...

Old thread but did anyone find out how to remove the climate control panel in order to access the stero removal on the Gen 7?

I am fitting a Parrot cK3100 and need to get to the Stereo unit connectors. I have found lots of instruction for the basic air con control panel ie) remove knobs to reveal screws. However the climate control panel does not have knowbs to remove!

The second previous post shows the panel.

Once I am in the rest is easy!

PS reckon with a bit of filing, I can fit the parrot into the ash tray hole, neat job!

Here are the instructions from Toyota, for audio installs on the Celica 7th Gen, although they only show installations of OEM audio, they can be used as reference for any audio install and show how to remove both the standard air con panel & the climate control panel.

AudioLHDCelica.pdf

AudioRHDCelica.pdf

Thats great, This should make the job a doddle!

Just got my first Celica - Gen 7 Lagoon Blue 140 VVTI I'm lovin it!

Just finished fitting a Parrot handsfree kit.

Removal of climate control panel is a cinch. Just two visible screws then pulls off with the upper part of the consle. Just two electrical connectors to detach.

Fitted Parrot CK3100, using SOT062 leads to convert the Toyota radio wiring harness to ISO for the parrot then back to toyota again to the radio.

Only change needed was to reverse the fuse holders between permanent feed and ignition feed for the parrot.

Mounted the parrot into the ash tray hole, just a good fit after a bit of drilling and filing.

Thanks for advice from previous posters, helps with the confidence for starting the job!

Cool! Glad the guide came in use, and so nice to see someone who searched for info before asking! Nice one...

Hope you enjoy the car, they are damn good drives! Just remember to keep checking the oil levels, otherwise it could land you in a whole world of pain... Get some pics up wen you get chance, we all like a perv on someone's motor... :)

• 3 weeks later...
Here are the instructions from Toyota, for audio installs on the Celica 7th Gen, although they only show installations of OEM audio, they can be used as reference for any audio install and show how to remove both the standard air con panel & the climate control panel.

why can i not download the manuall? no permission

downloads ok for me!!

Works alright for me too! That said, I can't believe how convoluted changing the stereo is going to be. Ahh well.

I've done the whole change the head unit thing! Went from the disgusting double din to a nice single din and i've got the JVC KD-AVX2 in ther so i can watch music videos and movies while I drive...and then crash! lol.

But if ur strugling with anythin then I shud be able to give u a few pointers....here's a start....ur most likely gna need a drill!

Hi guys,

I've now got round to taking the old Sony stereo out of my car and have installed the replacement Pioneer iPod/bluetooth setup. I used the Autoleads fascia like the one here: FP11-02.jpg. However, I'm not that impressed by the look.

I was wondering whether this unit, which is advertised as fitting the 2002 car onwards, would fit my car (2000, Gen 7)? I can't see any obvious reason why it wouldn't, other than that it's the wrong colour, but that's nothing I can't sort out. FP11-03.jpg

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I've just purchased an Ipod kit and need to connect it up to the 58806 CD Changer port........

These look like excellent instructions to removal the panels required to gain access to stereo.

I have Celica T-Sport 2005 with flat panel knobs on climate control panel as pictured here:-

http://plaza.umin.ac.jp/~satoshi/mod0AAen.html

Do you know if these prise off in the same way as the control knobs process you describe?

I really don't want to break them!

Many thanks

Hey, I reckon this thread could go on forever! I'm getting an Ipod and wanted to find out if it can be linked to the stock Gen 7 stereo (58806)?

Used all the instructions to get the stereo out and have a little look but it's like nothing I've ever seen before - there are 5 inputs, 4 of which are used and none of which are labelled and I can't work out what I'd have to disconnect!!

Anybody with any experience?

Cheers in advance

P :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
why can i not download the manuall? no permission

downloads ok for me!!

H Eddie! Could you send me the file, i am not able to download it either.... thanks !

Hey guys,

Got myself a gen 7 140 VVTi and lovin it. Just want to say big thanks to all for this thread. I'm about to swap my stereo out and it doesnt scare me half as much after reading this thread!

Hey! Welcome to the club! You should do yourself a proper introduction in General... Hope you enjoy the new motor, and the Stereo swap goes ok! Any probs, just tag on the end of this thread and I am sure someone will be around to offer advise!