Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

7th Gen Stereo Removal

neilg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DefiantFrog

• The Jackal

• xxhumdanxx

• neilg

For all you people trying to download pdf file:

Just click on the link with RMB , select 'save destination element' (or something like that, sorry, got polish version of XP :))

If file downloaded have a name: 'index.php' , just rename it with 'anything.pdf'. That should work.

First file is German ver.

Second file is English ver.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Excellent. Worked out fine thanks to your guide.

Yeah, its easy enough to get the old Stereo out...

Sit in the Drivers seat, starting with the panelling of your centre console just in front of the 'leccy windows, gently lift the silver plastic up, this will slowly unclip all the way round to just below the air-con / climate control. Unclip the gearstick gaitor, and the power for your !Removed! lighter. The panel will then come away.

Pull off all the nobs for the aircon / climate control. You should be able to see 4 screws then, 2 just below the panel for A/C, and 2 behind the nobs you just pulled off. Undo all of them. Remember which size came from where for when you put them back!!

Gently start pulling away the rest of the centre console starting at the bottom and working your way up. Best way is to pull it in to the centre of the car. Don't try and pull upwards to the roof, as you may break some of the clips. The hardest to do is the one right at the top by the clock, again, pull straight out, not up! Give it a bit of a wiggle if its being difficult. Disconnect the clock power, and move your console somewhere safe.

You can then easily remove your old Stereo with a socket set. Putting the new one in with the facia might be a bit more difficult, and you may have to drill holes in to the stereo mount brakets to fit it all, but I can't really comment about that, as I ain't got a clue what kind of facia you have...

If you got any more questions though, feel free to gimme a yell. I had to drill in to mine, so if you need any pointers I'l try to help.

Hope all that helps! Good luck! :thumbsup:

PS - just remember to be gentle with it all!! Don't wanna break anythin!

im having problems downloading the file, can someone please upload these on a public upload service, or link it somewhere? the right click thing doesnt work for me

im having problems downloading the file, can someone please upload these on a public upload service, or link it somewhere? the right click thing doesnt work for me

pm me your email, i will send it to you.

:)

• 5 weeks later...

Any chance you could send it to me please as I will get my new Celica on Monday and would like to change the stereo asap. Unfortunately I can't PM my email to you (something about not having access etc..) so I don't know how I can get my hands on your document.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Slippery

Im having trouble downloading the removal guide too:

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Any ideas? I think ive got an idea how to do it from your advice but thought it might be handy to have the guide too. Thanks

Any chance you could send it to me please as I will get my new Celica on Monday and would like to change the stereo asap. Unfortunately I can't PM my email to you (something about not having access etc..) so I don't know how I can get my hands on your document.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Slippery

Sure mate, i can send it to you, Just give me your email.

On a related note, does anyone know if the standard fitted head unit in Gen 7 models (post face lift) has an aux in or similar?

Just I'm thinking of getting a solid state MP3/media player (Probably an Archos model) for use in house with my Xbox/PC/Home Cinema as well as in the car. So Phono inputs would let me do that. Failing that I guess a head unit upgrade!

Additionally are the Speakers known to be pants in the post facelift models? Since it sounds a bit flat and distorts if you turn it up!

PS: Its the Toyota head unit with 6 in 1 CD changer.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

Ive jus bought myself a 2004 VVTLI and i love it! (hence just joining the club)

Like others i cant seem to download the PDF and i want to remove my stereo.

Can someone advise?

• 2 weeks later...

i've been having the same problems as the above

i have a 2001 celica GT-S

it came with an alpine CDA 9827 head unit

obviously i can remove the unit

but after that i totally blank out

i tried using the removal tools but that was useless

i even cracked my head unit frame because of it

ami doing something wrong?

all i wanna do is see if there is an aux unit behind it so i can hook up my ipod to the stereo

i've been having the same problems as the above

i have a 2001 celica GT-S

it came with an alpine CDA 9827 head unit

obviously i can remove the unit

but after that i totally blank out

i tried using the removal tools but that was useless

i even cracked my head unit frame because of it

ami doing something wrong?

all i wanna do is see if there is an aux unit behind it so i can hook up my ipod to the stereo

Hi,

I am unable to download the PDFs you posted and have tried all suggestions. Any chance you could email them to me as I desperately need to fix my stereo which is driving me mad?!

michael@arkcreativedesign.co.uk

Many thanks in advance

Have a look at the attached .zip file in this recent thread http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75525. Very good guide to replace the stereo.

Humdan - I think your stereo will be screwed in to the console, and you'll have to take the console apart to get to the unit.

alright thanks man

how do i take it out?

also do u think there is an aux port behind it to connect my ipod to?

its an alpine CDA 9827

Have a look at the attached .zip file in this recent thread http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75525. Very good guide to replace the stereo.

Humdan - I think your stereo will be screwed in to the console, and you'll have to take the console apart to get to the unit.

alright thanks man

how do i take it out?

also do u think there is an aux port behind it to connect my ipod to?

its an alpine CDA 9827

Hi,

I did the guide, simply follow the instructions to remove the dash panels then unbolt the stereo to have a look on the back.

You could always download the manual for your stereo as found here on amazon, specifically here is the link for the pdf

From looking at the connectivity on page 38, it doesn't appear to have an aux in. Perhaps a radio transmitter would be a solution for you?

Thanks.

You could always download the manual for your stereo as found here on amazon, specifically here is the link for the pdf

Thanks.

Can't get to that file on your desktop! ;)

Pretty sure Alpine will also do an i-pod connector that you plug in to your stereo somewhere. Might cost a bit though...

Here are the instructions from Toyota, for audio installs on the Celica 7th Gen, although they only show installations of OEM audio, they can be used as reference for any audio install and show how to remove both the standard air con panel & the climate control panel.

Absolutely fantastic!!! Good work!

Here are the instructions from Toyota, for audio installs on the Celica 7th Gen, although they only show installations of OEM audio, they can be used as reference for any audio install and show how to remove both the standard air con panel & the climate control panel.

Oh yeah, ops link fixed! There is the special connector on back for a CD changer, I assume you can also buy an alpine iPod adapter for this too?

Yes you can! see here, this plugs into the CD changer port (Ai-NET).

Have fun!

Ta.

Oh yeah, ops link fixed! There is the special connector on back for a CD changer, I assume you can also buy an alpine iPod adapter for this too?

Yes you can! see here, this plugs into the CD changer port (Ai-NET).

Have fun!

Ta.

alright so i got to the stereo

on the back i see 7 ports

6 of them are RCA like this

OO F

OO R

OO SW

____

and one is kinda like this |[][]|

i want to avoid buying an alpine adapter

is there anyway for me to directly connect my ipod to my head unit?

i was researching the AI net cable

but im not sure if that would work as an aux device

can anyone help please

thanks

OO F

OO R

OO SW

____

can anyone help please

thanks

I think the Ai NET adapter for iPod basically fools your head unit into thinking its a massive CD changer, there are "aux in" adapters like this, although check it's compatible with your model.

Thanks.

OO F

OO R

OO SW

____

can anyone help please

thanks

I think the Ai NET adapter for iPod basically fools your head unit into thinking its a massive CD changer, there are "aux in" adapters like this, although check it's compatible with your model.

Thanks.

right but i want to avoid buying the alpine adapter

so if i just use the cord like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...rksid=p3907.m29

that would work?

would i be able to control my ipod from the stereo?

i have an alpine cda 9827 with an ipod third gen nano

so if i just use the cord like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...rksid=p3907.m29

that would work?

Looking at something that looks exactly like that here, your model isn't listed from what I can tell.

The 3.5mm jack one should be compatible no matter what though, but you would have to change tracks via the iPod.

Best bet is dropping alpine an email asking what is compatible. *shrugs*

that would work?

Looking at something that looks exactly like that here, your model isn't listed from what I can tell.

The 3.5mm jack one should be compatible no matter what though, but you would have to change tracks via the iPod.

Best bet is dropping alpine an email asking what is compatible. *shrugs*

whoa whoa whoa

drop alpine?

thats crazy talk man

there's gotta be some alternative

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links