Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7th Gen Stereo Removal

neilg

right but i want to avoid buying the alpine adapter

so if i just use the cord like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...rksid=p3907.m29

that would work?

would i be able to control my ipod from the stereo?

i have an alpine cda 9827 with an ipod third gen nano

Looking at something that looks exactly like that here, your model isn't listed from what I can tell.

The 3.5mm jack one should be compatible no matter what though, but you would have to change tracks via the iPod.

Best bet is dropping alpine an email asking what is compatible. *shrugs*

whoa whoa whoa

drop alpine?

thats crazy talk man

there's gotta be some alternative

Drop alpine an email as in asking them, not as in dropping the unit/using alpine etc :)

The alternative is to buy the ~£60 full adapter. *shrugs*

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DefiantFrog

• The Jackal

• xxhumdanxx

• neilg

Hi, i want to remove my standard fit stereo for a new one. I have bought a blanking plate already as the new radio is half the size.

Are there any guides on removing the stereo? is it a simple job for someone who has has no expereince on working with cars?

The guides posted are really good and to be honest I glanced at it once and had the whole centre console in bits last night by interior light.

It's a really well designed car for getting access and I was able to run my cables neatly down the side to my Ipod.

Hi, i want to remove my standard fit stereo for a new one. I have bought a blanking plate already as the new radio is half the size.

Are there any guides on removing the stereo? is it a simple job for someone who has has no expereince on working with cars?

The guides posted are really good and to be honest I glanced at it once and had the whole centre console in bits last night by interior light.

It's a really well designed car for getting access and I was able to run my cables neatly down the side to my Ipod.

Hi got a sony gt710 head unit coming with ipod adaptor for my 2000 vvti,just wanted to know weather the exsisting wireing harness from the factory fit sony will be the same as the new head unit.Dont know weather i need a wire harness cheers paul

Hi got a sony gt710 head unit coming with ipod adaptor for my 2000 vvti,just wanted to know weather the exsisting wireing harness from the factory fit sony will be the same as the new head unit.Dont know weather i need a wire harness cheers paul

okay so do you think if i got the AI net cable will i be able to play music from my ipod?

okay so do you think if i got the AI net cable will i be able to play music from my ipod?

To answer both questions.

Looking at caraudiodirect page for ISO adapters here even the pre 2002 celicas need one from what I can tell. Therefore if your Sony unit has ISO connectors (which I assume it will) you probably need this adapter too. Of course you could just take the old unit out and have a look to see if it the current connectors will fit. (but I take no responsibility if it causes the magic smoke to escape from your unit! :) )

As for the second question, looking here you can see the Ai NET adapter, click on specifications and you see they say it will work with any Ai NET enabled Alpine unit that is made in 2005 or later.

It should give you full track listings and access, effectively just like having a CD changer, but the changer source in this case been the iPod.

You could use the 3.5mm "aux in" adapters for ~£15 as mentioned in previous posts, just stick the 3.5mm jack into the iPod headphones socket. Of course you'd have to select tracks via the iPod and not the stereo instead.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as I've picked up my T-Sport, I'm parking in a car park and dismantling the dash. The stock stereo is apalling!!

• 2 weeks later...

I cant Download Either. am going to install it today.. so :)

Can some1 Send me through email?

Burster51(a)Hotmail.com just fix with @

trying to ignore spam bots :)

Sounds like an awful lot of hassle to go to just to change the stereo! I'm a little nervous about installing mine next weekend. Might just take it down to ICE direct and pay them to do it.

• 2 months later...

rather than start a new topic for a single question ill just use this. got myself a new stereo and harness but had to order the facia panel. so my question is do i need the facia panel for when i dismantle the center console or will the facia panel slide in over the top or should i wait for the panel which will be next week or so

decided just to fit it as ive got no patience will have to take it apart again when the new panel comes so i can position the head unit and drill the brackets,

not as hard as i first thought it would be with taking out the center dash but its really a piece of *****. i noticed there isnt a photographed tutorial on this so i may aswell make one when i come to strip it down again which will be next weekend.

• 5 weeks later...
Here are the instructions from Toyota, for audio installs on the Celica 7th Gen, although they only show installations of OEM audio, they can be used as reference for any audio install and show how to remove both the standard air con panel & the climate control panel.

Hi, I am another person who has decided that the standard stereo in the Celica (mines an '04 T-sport) isn't up to scratch and I have decided to fit an IPOD control system to the stereo.

However, I am also having dificulty downloading the PDF guides from Toyota posted by Hawke56. Does anyone have an alternate way of getting these guides? I've never done anything like this before and would really appreciate a pictoral guide and one from the manufacturer sounds perfect. Any help getting them would be much appreciated.

I have the after sales Toyota subwoofer and 6 cd interchanger fitted. I have had many problems with the CDs skipping and this has lead to 3 replacements of the cd interchanger. I've finally given up and decided to go for the IPOD system as that shouldn't skip. Has anyone else had these kind of problems with CD players.

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to fit the Ipod system successfuly enough but at the moment I am drawing power from the cigarette lighter plug. I would like to be able to connect the power to the power going to the stereo head unit but the colours of the standard wiring of the Ipod system does not match up with the colouring of the Toyota wiring. Does anyone have the details of Toyota wiring?

This is turning out to be quite the marathon and not just on my part. I found that the screw holes on the side of my cd player doesnt fit the standard ones which is fair enough to get my head around but even if i wanted to drill holes in the brackets it seems that no part of the bracket lines up with the cd player when the cd player is in the correct place so what the fark do i do lol. I went to Halfords and asked if they did another type of bracket for the car but aparently there is non.

Any help at all would be much appreciated. (pre-facelift brackets)

Hi guys,

I've now got round to taking the old Sony stereo out of my car and have installed the replacement Pioneer iPod/bluetooth setup. I used the Autoleads fascia like the one here: FP11-02.jpg. However, I'm not that impressed by the look.

I was wondering whether this unit, which is advertised as fitting the 2002 car onwards, would fit my car (2000, Gen 7)? I can't see any obvious reason why it wouldn't, other than that it's the wrong colour, but that's nothing I can't sort out. FP11-03.jpg

Any ideas?

Hello, I am new to the forum so HELLO

Got a 99 VVTLi SX - very impressive drive and comfort as im sure you all know

Planning on ripping the stock unit out of the dash asap and replace with something useful to the ear

I was wondering if anyone knew if the second unit mentioned above would work in the 99 model as Midfieldwarrior wrote cause it would be nice to add some storage space to the dash is poss....

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to post that I've just swapped my stereo out in my facelift T-Sport, and I can heartily recommend the Autoleads FP-11-03 facia adapter - the black one in the post above this one.

Some people may be concerned that it won't fit the look of the dash, but this isn't that important as frankly it does. Mine, certainly.

The bonus, over the other facia adapter (the silver one in the post above), is that the FP-11-03 has various tabs on it that allow it to fit in various Toyota cars. The Celica, the MR2 Roadster, the RAV-4 etc. and you just cut off the ones that aren't required for your car.

You can see on the picture above that it has the same tabs as the original mounting bracket in the Celica, so it really is just a case of !Removed! it in place. With the silver adapter, you are faced with the prospect of drilling holes in the original mounting brackets in the car, which can cause it to not sit flush.

• 2 months later...

I cant for the life of me understand why you guys want to use those aftermarket brackets...especially when there are OEM solutions out there that look so much better! :D

I do this for a living...and on all Toyota's that accomodate them...i allways use these OEM "side panels" to go along with any 2-DIN unit...and on 1-DIN units we use an OEM pocket/shelf to fill the "gap" ;)

http://www.bilradiospes.no/m/shop/?produkt...p;stortbilde=ok

The first one posted (the silvery one)...that manufacturer should be shot for making such an ugly and badly fitting panel! And the other one...while not at all bad...will still not look half as good as the OEM solution...in my opinion that is :)

This thread is brilliant. I'm brand new to this forum and I'm going to have a go at changing out my rubbish japanese stereo for a DVD/CD/Sat Nav combo as soon as I get home from work. Until I read this thread I didn't have the first clue how to even get the old stereo out! thanks a million. I'll let you know how I get on. :P

• 2 years later...

Has anyone used the carXlink for ipod connection to existing headunit? im thinking of buying this to connect my ipod to the stock stereo

i have a 58806 model but want to keep it (although i am fully aware how crap it is) as i have satnav with it.

it apparently connects via the cd changer socket on the back but im having problems with mine, the buttons on the head unit dont work when connected as well as draining my car Battery.

• 2 months later...

Defiant Frog thanks for the tipps fella, only prob I encountered was redrilling the metal brackets, so the stereo surround would sit properly in the dash, great post many thanks :thumbsup: