Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's Got An Ipod Mini?

Fizz

Just ordered one as a pressie for my other half.. and just been told by a chap at work that you have to charge them through a comp! And that you dont get a mains charger with it!

Can anyone confirm this and if it is the case... Is there a mains charger for an ipod mini and where is the best palce to buy em?

Cheers in advance.. :!Removed!:

I've got one. Yes you do charge it through the computer, although you can buy a charger from Apple for either mains or car, although I would just stick to computer as it works very well over the USB cable.

They reckon the Battery lasts for 18 hours but I have actually got over 20 hours on many occasions.

I'm suprised you managed to find stock of the mini now, a lot of places are running out since the new iPod nano replaced the mini.

Try Here Mate £15 for a generic one...

j

Your a star mate.. :thumbsup:

Reason i need on is cos the lass aint got a PC at home.. and i was going to bang it full of MP3's and hand it over as a pressie.. but the fact that you need to charge it with a usb cable.. bahh.. stoopid..

No good for travel then init.. unless you got a laptop with ya... <_<

No good for travel then init.. unless you got a laptop with ya...  <_<

You could always treat your other half to a laptop too :rolleyes: :D

You just keep your missus and kiddie away from me the next time i meet em.. Im sure your little one would like a new Xbox 360 along with a PS3... and i'll tell your better half that i bought my lass this and that.. blah blah...

Get the picture sunny jim!! :lol: :P

Just ordered one as a pressie for my other half.. and just been told by a chap at work that you have to charge them through a comp! And that you dont get a mains charger with it!

Can anyone confirm this and if it is the case... Is there a mains charger for an ipod mini and where is the best palce to buy em?

Cheers in advance..  :!Removed!:

If you have brought it brand new from Apple etc it comes with a charger.......the bloke don't know what he's on about!

Why would they sell something without a charger :huh: ...... he's probably heard that you can charge it up by USB or FIREWIRE as well, but didn't listern properly!

The charger it's self is a piece of work.......

Problem is that your want one too when he gets it ;) !

Cheers in advance..  :!Removed!:

If you have brought it brand new from Apple etc it comes with a charger.......the bloke don't know what he's on about!

Why would they sell something without a charger :huh: ...... he's probably heard that you can charge it up by USB or FIREWIRE as well, but didn't listern properly!

The charger it's self is a piece of work.......

Problem is that your want one too when she gets it ;) !

Ive got it from eBay.. just won it.. brand new and sealed box.. so you reckon it should have a mains charger.. cool..

And with regards to me wanting one.. i alwasy have.. but no use for it... most times i have a car to get about in and would never use it enough...

fizz if u have a link with the item on i will take a look. the first ipod minis came with chargers the new ones dont. the normal ipod do still come with chargers tho.

The original iPod Mini's did come with a charger and both a USB and firewire cable when they used to cost £179. When the price was reduced to £139 the mains adaptor and firewire cable were both removed but available to buy seperately, apparently most people didn't use them so they removed them, but the price difference was enough to cover the cost of buying them seperately.

The best way to find out, is look on the back, if it says the capacity (either 4gb or 6gb) then it's the 2nd generation mini which doesnt include those extra items although it does have increased Battery life (18hours compared to 8), if no size if mentioned then its the original mini which should include them.

fizz if u have a link with the item on i will take a look. the first ipod minis came with chargers the new ones dont. the normal ipod do still come with chargers tho.

Well i'll be damned :!Removed!: !

But when I upgrade the firmware I need to plug it in the wall to allow it to update...... hmmm

your right the mini's don't come with mains chargers. but must ppl charge them off there pc/mac (the only use i've found for my mac is updating/charging my ipod) you can even charge them from the usb port on the front of a ps2. as well as mains chargers you can get a nice little adapter that plugs into your cig lighter in your car (got a usb port on the other end). perfect for traveling. my mates got one so i'll ask him where he got it if your interested.

Milly has one (thanks Walkers crisps!), you carge them with the suplied USB cable, which only works with USB2!

There is also a mains charger avaliable, which looks lieka box that plugs into the wall with a usb plug in it!

Nice bit of kit!

Milly has one (thanks Walkers crisps!), you carge them with the suplied USB cable, which only works with USB2!

There is also a mains charger avaliable, which looks lieka  box that plugs into the wall with a usb plug in it!

Nice bit of kit!

Thats must be a first generation mini then, because the later ones didn't come with chargers, and could be charged from either USB1 or 2 (I know, my iBook is only USB 1 which was what I first used to charge mine).

well as mains chargers you can get a nice little adapter that plugs into your cig lighter in your car (got a usb port on the other end). perfect for traveling. my mates got one so i'll ask him where he got it if your interested.

3 quid on eBay :D