Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Superstrut

BaiCam

I have just purchased a great Celica Superstrut 1994 model, the only niggle is the front suspension, it is rock hard!

Is this normal for a Superstrut or have the shocks gone and if so, where do I get replacement shocks from?

i think the way to test is push down on the wing if it bounces straight back everything is ok .

but i dig holes for a livin so what do i know :D

If the shocks had gone it would be bouncing up & down like a yo-yo. It sounds as if someone`s fitted uprated springs. Give it a good hard push down. If it doesn`t move more than a couple of inches it`s likely this is whats been done. It should bounce back up once and settle. Have a look under the wing and see if there are any markings or labels on either the suspension leg or springs and also what colour they are. After market springs and shocks are often a different colour tha the standard Toyota black. Also you don`t say what the rears are like. :thumbsup:

i have 2 rears and 1 front spring spare , also 2 rear shocks and 1 front spare if needed.original equipment from a st205 gt4 . superstrut

OK. Took a good long look at the springs. Even lifted the car up with the jack.

When the car is on the road the springs are compressed so tight they are touching! Surely this is not normal?

OK. Took a good long look at the springs. Even lifted the car up with the jack.

When the car is on the road the springs are compressed so tight they are touching! Surely this is not normal?

Certainly isn`t. Sounds like they`re either mullered or someones cut a coil or two out to lower it. Looks like new ones matey. :rolleyes:

sounds like lowering springs to me on there , mine have lots of space between coils

ive got lowering springs on mine and they certainly dont touch :huh:

sounds like the man said and someones got a bit excited with a grinder :ffs:

They must be totally the wrong springs if the coils are touching. Far too soft to achieve any suspension at all. The car must be unstable to drive with front suspension in that state.

Cutting the coils down actually makes the springs stiffer, and there is no way proper celica springs would end up totally compressed (unless someone has put rear springs on the front).

Can you post a photo of the front suspension showing the springs, when the car is sitting on the ground?

evening mate

just thought id drop you a note as i have just recievd some standard shockers and 1 inch lowering springs for my st205. i got them off eBay for £200 and they seem ok. i bought them because i have got coilovers on mine at the mo but they are too hard for the road!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links