Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

17's Will They Fit

YarisAsh

Hi every1, not signed in for a bit but i need help! i have a yaris gs, 2001 and ive had it lowered by 40mm (g-max) just springs and everything was fine with my 15 inch rims (195/50/r15) but now ive seen some 17's (205/40/r17) and am just wondering if these would fit on snugly or would the be any serious arch modding involved?? thanx for lookin at my post guys, hope 2 hear from some of ya soon, Ash

Im pretty sure you will need arch work and that it will rub! 16" and lowering usually the maximum with arch rubbing with a full car. Do a search though as this has been discussed loads of times before and im sure you will find your answer! :D o and WELCOME ABOARD!

EDIT:Yeah i meant this rule applies when lowered! Also your problems may b slightly worse than others as yours is -40mm whereas most people have thers in the -30's

Edited by Woody27

Ours has 17"s on and needed no work, although they do scrub slightly when fully loaded. But ours isnt lowered!

Welcome to toc! :thumbsup:

Being lowered you will need the arches rolled, I can just about get 17's on mine, but any bumps I'd have gone over would make them scrape so I didn't bother.

As for fitment, you'd probably need an offset of 40/42 I can't remember which one.

got 17s under my yaris ts and its dropped 40mm. scrapes a bit on back but dont do it if u have more than 2 in or u'll have chunks out ya back tyres!!!

I also have a 2001 GS, i have 17" on now.. no rubbing at all, even with 5 in the car, boot full of camping equipment, roobox full of more camping equipment (ask those that saw it at JAE).. looks like there is plenty of room for lowering it, remember.. the GS sits 30mm higher than the t-sport.. so would a standard t-sport rub with 17"? my guess is you would be ok.. arch rolling at the very most.

See pics in my garage, will give you an idea of the amount of clearance you will have... oh! and get an offset of et42.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links