Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Dead Yaris :( (slightly)

mabean

Well folks, my last post on Saturday mentioned that I'd put some new headlights in with some amount of blood and sweat. Well, about 1 hour later when i got home, i was making something to eat before going out on the razzle when I heard a large bang from the street.

You guessed it, someone had rammed me up the a&%e. Joy o joy, my car then flew forward and hit a Hyudai Coupe and it slammed forward and hit a Rover.

No-one was hurt thankfully and I knew the person who had hit me but the car was a right state on the right hand side :crybaby: I was gonna wax her up and finnaly take some photo's on Sunday morning but the only pics i took were of the damage caused.

I'm running around in FIAT Punto - quite nippy but not a patch on the handling of my baby. The moral of the story is, if you have a Chinese takeway sitting on the passenger seat and it falls on you - keep you hand on the wheel and not the noodles and don't hit the poor innocent Yaris just sitting there :(

I'll see about getting some pics up - they were taken with my camera hone so not of the best quality. The damage seems to be mostly panel damage + bumpers front and rear and a pitted bonnet so I highly doubt it's right-off.

Has anyone else been bashed so badly when parked up?

Argh, sorry to hear about that mabean.

Most important thing is that neither you nor anyone else was hurt, but it must still be upsetting and inconvenient for you.

I presume it's repairable, in which case it should be as good as new when you get it back. Hope it gets sorted quickly.

Tony

Oh no sorry to hear that :(

I work in Motor Insurance Claims (have done for the past 2 years and a bit)- I take the reports of them over the phone and they are mostly accidents so yeah I have heard of cars being damaged very badly in "shunts" like that. If you need any insurance help feel free to give me a shout.

Hope you get it all sorted

Blue

Ah no....

Its the time of year for it sadly :(

I hope it all get sorted out properly so you and your Yaris can get along to the next Scottish meet :thumbsup:

A

God thats awful! You're driving a Punto!

Funniness aside (sorry, just trying to make you smile - I had a Punto after an accident once too, so I know how bad they are!), that sounds really bad, but it should be easy to fix and I hope your baby is back on the road and happy soon!

:group-cuddles:

Thanks for the sympathy, Insurance still being sorted (slowly) car at bodyshop but not been written off (yet :( ) I'll just have to go on my holidays in the Punto *shudder* I get a sore left foot just doing 10 miles in the damn thing, my size 11 plates of meat wont go down the side of the clutch safely - yaris has much larger footwell :)

Thanks for the sympathy, Insurance still being sorted (slowly) car at bodyshop but not been written off (yet :( )  I'll just have to go on my holidays in the Punto *shudder* I get a sore left foot just doing 10 miles in the damn thing, my size 11 plates of meat wont go down the side of the clutch safely - yaris has much larger footwell :)

Not been written off yet? Is it thought to be a write-off then or am I mis-reading?

Shame you've still got a Punto tho..they just don't compare to the Yaris :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links