Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got My Aygo

SMW

Just collected my new Aygo.

It's a 3 door sport in carbon quartz. Went for leather gear knob, fitted mats and TTE lowering springs from the options list.

Overall very pleased although I am convinced that the steering wheel is not quite straight - I suspect Mr T has totally cocked up tyre pressures so once I have that sorted it might be OK.

It's a very firm ride (not helped by the lowering) and a bit noisy and subject to wind buffering - having said that I do have to keep reminding myself that this is a 3 cylinder economical runabout - built to a budget.

Anyway it was getting dark by the time I got home but here is a quick snap of the new addition to the driveway with just 42 miles on the clock - note that the TOC screen sticker is already in place !

gallery_2237_55_1127841898.jpg

Looks really nice SMW. Congratulations. The colour really looks good on it too.

And is that your Bentley behind it? If not, did you at least manage to slap a TOC sticker on it?

Tony

The Bentley is my neighbours (a roofer !).

Note his home made security idea - take the number plates off when parked on the drive . . I think they must be magnetic.

Note his home made security idea - take the number plates off when parked on the drive . . I think they must be magnetic.

:D :D :D :D

Excellent. That'll stop it getting nicked, I'm sure.

You obviously live in a posh area. None of our neighbours have got Bentleys.

Gorgeous - thats the best colour for the Aygo I think - its sexy! :thumbsup:

Can something be cute and sexy (well apart from me! :P ) - your little Aygo soo is - I love it! :yes:

Wow it looks ace!

Thats how I want my Aygo if I get one... I got my driving test in a few weeks, then I got my birthday a few weeks after that. I wonder if get a car as I did spot an Aygo brochure when I went to visit my parents a couple of months ago.

My dad is a huge Toyota fan, he's currently got a T-Spirit Previa :D I'm not driving that beast! Way to big, even though I am currently learning in a Ford Focus which is huge.

Re: Small engine, light car.

I have a Smart forTwo, that got a tiny engine in it and it can speed along quite happily.

Looks good SMW & I see you have an Essex prefix on your reg yet you are in Hertfordshire!!

Definately am liking that colour a lot :thumbsup:

yeah, but my car spends 90% of its life slogging up and down the M4... usually in the wee-small hours...

It actually weighs less than an Elise, and looks like it has lower centre of gravity than the Yaris. I wonder if you could get a 2zzge in the back and organise some rear wheel drive somehow.

Paul.

... I see you have an Essex prefix on your reg yet you are in Hertfordshire!!

Hertfordshire doesn't have it's own prefix so you either get a 'K' which I believe denotes Milton Keynes or 'E' for Essex. I think it depends where in Herts you source the car - My Yaris had a 'K' prefix and came from St Albans and the Aygo from Bishops Stortford and got 'E' prefix.

I also have a Lexus on an Essex plate (came from Woodford).

Confused ? me to . . . . . . :D

... I see you have an Essex prefix on your reg yet you are in Hertfordshire!!

Hertfordshire doesn't have it's own prefix so you either get a 'K' which I believe denotes Milton Keynes or 'E' for Essex. I think it depends where in Herts you source the car - My Yaris had a 'K' prefix and came from St Albans and the Aygo from Bishops Stortford and got 'E' prefix.

I also have a Lexus on an Essex plate (came from Woodford).

Confused ? me to . . . . . . :D

A little!!

But then when I go down to my Brothers in Ware, Hertfordshire that explains why I see a hell of a lot of essex prefixs there and his 04 Focus is an E too :)

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Nice looking car you have brought there Steve :thumbsup: May you have many miles of trouble free motoring a head of you ;)

jerry!!

yeah, but my car spends 90% of its life slogging up and down the M4... usually in the wee-small hours...

It actually weighs less than an Elise, and looks like it has lower centre of gravity than the Yaris. I wonder if you could get a 2zzge in the back and organise some rear wheel drive somehow.

Paul.

Are you sure? I guess it depends which Elise. An early S1 = 720Kg. I doubt its lighter than that. New ones like 111R are in the 900kg mark so it would probably be lighter than that. What does an Aygo weigh? Isn't it around 850kg or so?

• 4 months later...

New to the Aygo world ?

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club and the Aygo forum.

Feel free to add a reply to this topic to introduce yourself and the car you have got / want to get.

:thumbsup: