Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Before Buying A Prius - Important Questions!

pantelis_1973

A couple of days ago I had the chance to drive the Lexus Toyota Prius (for 15 minutes). I was surprised at its good performance. Nevertheless, allow me to ask you the following questions:

1. Taking into account the hybrid technology is a brand new patent, I would like to ask you if the usage of this technology could endanger the health of the car’s passengers. In particular, bearing in mind the presence of a high voltage Battery, I would like to ask you if the hybrid system generates electromagnetic fields and similar currents that could damage the health of the passengers. In addition, are the hybrid system and the vehicle’s Battery 100% safe for the health of young children?

2. I have read that Prius is very susceptible to winds and side winds in particular. Does this mean that Prius is dangerous to drive under these conditions? A non experient driver could possibly drive under these conditions?

3. Prius cargo space could facilitate the needs of a family with two small children? Prius will be our family car (We also have a Toyota Yaris 1.0 MMT for city driving)

Thank you in advance,

Pantelis Braikidis

1. Taking into account the hybrid technology is a brand new patent...

2. I have read that Prius is very susceptible to winds and side winds in particular. ...

3. Prius cargo space could facilitate the needs of a family with two small children? Prius will be our family car (We also have a Toyota Yaris 1.0 MMT for city driving)

1. I wouldn't say it was a brand new patent, it has been used in thousands of cars all over the world for many years now! I've never heard of any electromagnetic problems.

2. I've not noticed any problems in high crosswinds

3. I've got two small children and it is an excellent family car. The boot space is perfectly adequate (more than my old Astra had) and fits buggies and stuff very nicely. The lack of a rear lip makes it excellent for nappy changing and the hidden compartment contains a nappy bag and change of clothes amongst the other little utilities very nicely and cleanly.

I've certainly got no regrets yet!

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links