Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Look What Happened To My Volvo Today!

Puls

That's weird.

It must of been something from within the engine compartment.... from the shape of the hole, I would say it looks like one of the blades from the cooling fan came off.... either that or a fin or two from the alternater are missing.....

Yeah, I'm quite glad that it decided to fly up and over the car instead of into the windscreen.

So far, we haven't figured it out. Until I find a chunk of missing engine, I'm chalking this up to debris and bad luck.

Would it not be difficult for a bit of debris to do this, Is that a skid pan under the engine? any damage there?

probably a piston

knowing volvo, its sent one through the head and will still do another 100thou on the same oil.... :lol:

That's weird.

It must of been something from within the engine compartment.... from the shape of the hole, I would say it looks like one of the blades from the cooling fan came off.... either that or a fin or two from the alternater are missing.....

DSC00314.jpg

Lookin at the alternator, it looks like a blade is missing on the far right by the belt?? . No sign of damage to the rad shroud so i guess the fans ok? And they`re plastic blades anyway. !Removed! lucky you never had your head under there mate. :yes:

It did happen while in motion, I was accelerating from 45-55. If it had come through the windscreen, that would've really put a damper on the day, eh? It flew through the hood with enough force to fly WAY over the car.

The alternator isn't actually missing a blade, but it has larger gaps like that in 3 different places.