Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mazda Mr2

Rikki

There I was, minding my own business and I spot what I thought was a dodgy old taxi behind me. Its a bit hard to see with my tints and all. I thought it was a taxi coz it had a light on its roof and one of its headlamps was out, cops usually check those kinda things - right? So I plod along (boom boom) and then these blue lights come on behind me. So it wasn’t a taxi then...

I turn engine off, pop the seatbelt, turn lights off, get out of the car and press the key fob to activate the alarm and am half way up to the panda car before the officers have a chance to get their own seatbelts off.

After asking me if its my car they tell me my licence plates are illegal, then they ask me again if its my car hoping to catch me out with some Jedi mind tricks. As one of the two female officers (no lads, before you ask they weren’t) starts taking down my particulars the other heads off round the front of my car then tells me my tax disc is not in the right place, it needs to be at the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side. I told them I thought the law stated it had to be "clearly visible". That stumped them a bit. I was then told I was stopped because one of my tail lights was brighter than the other. I said, cheers for telling me - BTW one of your headlights is brighter than the other, coz one of them’s ******. Cue startled looks. Then I get asked what the blue canister thing is and I try to explain but they obviously haven’t seen the Fast & The Furious yet. We exchange pleasantries before I get my H0RT1 slip and am sent on my way.

When I get back into my car I sit down and have a look at the slip before nearly ****** myself laughing. Bet you wish you had a Mazda MR2 just like me :) !

hortie.jpg

R.

Haha! Some officers crack me up! :lol:

But no wonder you get pulled mate, your car isn't exactly discreet! :P

Haha! Some officers crack me up! :lol:

But no wonder you get pulled mate, your car isn't exactly discreet! :P

Forgot to say, when filling the producer she asked if the car was old enough to require an MOT. Being 11 years old I suggested it probably did.

R.

:lol:

Yeah, they Mazda MR2's are getting old now! :D

Never knew that was your reg plate mate, nice one! :thumbsup:

Mazda MR2.. i heard the newer ones (thats the ones that do need an MOT) are similar to the Toyata MX5. :lol:

They weren't before we ask?? and you let them take down your particulars?? who got the biggest let down, you for them being.. no they're not.. or them because... (work it out :lol:)

they were FEMALE guys ..

supprised they didn't just write "pretty black car" on the form ..

:D LMAO @ Bibbs

Did they do their usual: Cop: " Have you had a drink ? "

" Yes just one pint of lager "

Cop: " With a few shots of vodka in it ? "

Yes everyone's fave drink a pint of lager with half a bottle of vodka mixed in to give it that kick :rolleyes:

They would normally know all the details of the car and owner by doing a PNC check before they even stopped you.... so wtf did she write Mazda on your ticket for :wacko:

:D  LMAO @ Bibbs

Did they do their usual: Cop: " Have you had a drink ? "

" Yes just one pint of lager "

Cop: " With a few shots of vodka in it ? "

Yes everyone's fave drink a pint of lager with half a bottle of vodka mixed in to give it that kick  :rolleyes:

LOL never got asked that one. Was half expecting the "is that some kinda air plane?" from Back To The Future when Marty crashes the DeLorean into the famers shed.

R.

Cool have you got any pictures of this rare combined effort from toyota and mazda :lol::lol::lol:

jerry!!

What an insult!

My mate got off from speeding because the copper had a headlight out, he said he felt intimidated by the single headlight and didnt realise the speed... they let him off scott free.

this is the best, i was once in the car with my uncle. We got pulled over by a copper who had one head light, and he also didnt use his blue lights to pull us he just flashed his head lamps and we pulled over.

His reason for pulling us over was just routine, funny enough ive been done before about the tax disc.

What the copper didnt know was that my uncle is chief police inspector, and soon as the cop seen him he went rather pale, cos my unc was in iniform.

my uncle then gave the police officer a warning, and told him that he pust return to the depot to get a new head lamp, and also he made an unlawfull stop without using blues (flashin lights).

By the way the law states that the tax disc must be visibl, there no reference to placing.

By the way im suprissed the lady officer didnt ask for a perm and blow dry whilst you were there....................lol :P :D

ps: soz about spelling and stuff, been on the free flow

i would have thought the car would have had VASCAR unless thats only on traffic patrol cars...

remeber watching it work on my own car when i ditched my yaris, very scary how quick it just reads the plate, picks out the numbers, and then does a full check and brings back the full car details etc, :o

hence why some cop cars just seem to momentarily 'follow' you :rolleyes:

lol momentarilly follow

round my way the cops that followed me in the 2 follow and follow and follow... even way back when i was in 1 litre fiesta they did this (to me anyhow :unsure: )

once got followed near a relative i was going to so i did a few times round his block and then pulled up, cop had followed me all the while.... soon as he drove past slowly i pulled back out and followed him ... needless to say he pulled me, was a bit annoyed/ anxious and asked me what the hell i was doing... said i thought he wanted a word with me so i was trying to keep up with him... he was not best pleased lol give it a go rofl :D

Coppers can't issue tickets for anything if the car they were patrolling in isn't in correct working order and hasn't been signed off by the garage technician as "fit for purpose" before going out on patrol. If this sheet isn't signed off, then you can get your conviction quashed as the cop car shouldn't have been on the road in the first place.