Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Yaris Is Dead (temporarily I Hope)

lewis23285

The auto yaris, with a MMT box, i had recenlt was awfull.  Way to jerky and i use to roll back on hills slightly before engaging the clutch. 

There is nothing wrong with the MMT box :P Changes are very smooth and slick :thumbsup:

If you used your handbrake like you were shown when you were taught how to drive, you would not roll back on hills. :rolleyes:

I found that changing gear manually was impressive, very smooth. :thumbsup: But in auto mode i found my car to be bad, esspecially 1st and 2nd. I was jerked so much i was thinking about getting some headache pills just in case my head it the windscreens. :lol: And it use to change into 4th when going round a roundabout :wacko:

I did resort to the handbrake, after realising that not all auto's hold you still. But when i say hills, i mostly meant slight gradients that are not that noticaable. But i didn't like parking it in tight spaces with it. I felt i had little control over it. waiting to feel the clutch engage rather than just doing it myself i didn;t find nice.

The auto yaris, with a MMT box, i had recenlt was awfull.  Way to jerky and i use to roll back on hills slightly before engaging the clutch. 

There is nothing wrong with the MMT box :P Changes are very smooth and slick :thumbsup:

If you used your handbrake like you were shown when you were taught how to drive, you would not roll back on hills. :rolleyes:

I found that changing gear manually was impressive, very smooth. :thumbsup: But in auto mode i found my car to be bad, esspecially 1st and 2nd. I was jerked so much i was thinking about getting some headache pills just in case my head it the windscreens. :lol: And it use to change into 4th when going round a roundabout :wacko:

I did resort to the handbrake, after realising that not all auto's hold you still. But when i say hills, i mostly meant slight gradients that are not that noticaable. But i didn't like parking it in tight spaces with it. I felt i had little control over it. waiting to feel the clutch engage rather than just doing it myself i didn;t find nice.

Manoeuvering in parking spaces is so easy with the MMT box.......you just cover the brake pedal and let the idleing speed of the engine move the car.

I suppose its all down to technique really.....It causes me no problems.

(Before you mention it I have chosen the MMT gearbox but I DO have a full manual driving license.....just that I find the MMT so much easier to drive with no real disadvantages)

When you say it changed to fourth going round roundabouts do you mean up or down?..............because I usually find that the car is in the right gear for the roadspeed all of the time, particularly if I have approached the roundabout at the correct speed.

Manoeuvering in parking spaces is so easy with the MMT box.......you just cover the brake pedal and let the idleing speed of the engine move the car.

(Before you mention it I have chosen the MMT gearbox but I DO have a full manual driving license.....just that I find the MMT so much easier to drive with no real disadvantages)

When you say it changed to fourth going round roundabouts do you mean up or down?..............because I usually find that the car is in the right gear for the roadspeed all of the time, particularly if I have approached the roundabout at the correct speed.

It was waiting for that idle speed to engage that i didn;t like. I waited............. and then bang, lunge forward. I don;t mean it to sound that bad, just to give you the idea of how it was for me. I didn't find it very confidence inspiring.

As for the 4th gear.... it use to change up through the gears from 2nd, 3rd and then 4th really quickly on large round abouts where people reach 15- 20 mph.

And i do approach at the right speed. It down changes to 2nd ok..... nothing coming.... moving off, then 3rd, and 4th. :wacko:

Must have been a poor example. It was a thrashed certousy (been trying to think how to spell it for ages. failed miserably!) car after all.

It was waiting for that idle speed to engage that i didn;t like. I waited............. and then bang, lunge forward. I don;t mean it to sound that bad, just to give you the idea of how it was for me. I didn't find it very confidence inspiring.

As for the 4th gear.... it use to change up through the gears from 2nd, 3rd and then 4th really quickly on large round abouts where people reach 15- 20 mph.

And i do approach at the right speed. It down changes to 2nd ok..... nothing coming.... moving off, then 3rd, and 4th. :wacko:

Must have been a poor example. It was a thrashed certousy (been trying to think how to spell it for ages. failed miserably!) car after all.

I am not criticising your approach speed to roundabouts................sorry if it came across like that :shutit:

I agree that you appear to have had a bad example, because at roundabouts mine stays in the lower gears and only changes up as I accelerate away.

(It holds the lower gears all through the rev range on acceleration........but if I don't accelerate quite hard it will change up earlier)

If we ever get to a meet together I will take you out for a demo :thumbsup:

I am not criticising your approach speed to roundabouts................sorry if it came across like that :!Removed!:

I agree that you appear to have had a bad example, because at roundabouts mine stays in the lower gears and only changes up as I accelerate away.

(It holds the lower gears all through the rev range on acceleration........but if I don't accelerate quite hard it will change up earlier)

If we ever get to a meet together I will take you out for a demo :thumbsup:

I might hold you to that! :thumbsup: And i'll give you a demo in my DB9.

I do have one, honest.

Oh, ok...... will my Tsport do? :lol:

I thought you had a Ferrari ;) :lol:

Hi All,

I've had the corolla now for 48 hours... and I love it! The automatic engine is just so smooth, parking is really easy, and when the car accelerates, I can't even feel it changing gear.

Now lets hope Toyota take their time fixing my Yaris :thumbsup: !!

Lewis

Hi All,

I've had the corolla now for 48 hours... and I love it! The automatic engine is just so smooth, parking is really easy, and when the car accelerates, I can't even feel it changing gear.

Now lets hope Toyota take their time fixing my Yaris  :thumbsup:  !!

Lewis

Well no one would blame you for thinking of possibly changing tbh - Richs Corolla is just gorgeous inside and out and I'd happily upgrade to one! :thumbsup: