Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sqeaky Corolla

KevT3

Hi All,

I am having negative experiences having a Corolla T3 (03Reg). The list of problems that I have forces me to put forward the 600 miles inspection.

1) Squeaky breaks

2) Squeaky suspension

3) Squeaky noise when driving?

4) Flooded boot...

5) Popping out dashboard

For problem 3, it is kinda strange. I occasionally hear squaky noise when I am on the road, it doesn't happen specifically to turns, breaks... etc... it just happens... and when it happens, there is a continuous squeaky sound... for as long as it takes to disappear again...

For problem 4, i dunno when and how, but the last time I checked the spare tyre (about 1 week after having the car) My boot (where it stores the spare tyre) has been flooded with about 1 inche of water...

Can anyone suggest what could cause the two problems please... :crybaby:

Kev

Hi All,

I am having negative experiences having a Corolla T3 (03Reg). The list of problems that I have forces me to put forward the 600 miles inspection.

1) Squeaky breaks

2) Squeaky suspension

3) Squeaky noise when driving?

4) Flooded boot...

5) Popping out dashboard

For problem 3, it is kinda strange. I occasionally hear squaky noise when I am on the road, it doesn't happen specifically to turns, breaks... etc... it just happens... and when it happens, there is a continuous squeaky sound... for as long as it takes to disappear again...

For problem 4, i dunno when and how, but the last time I checked the spare tyre (about 1 week after having the car) My boot (where it stores the spare tyre) has been flooded with about 1 inche of water...

Can anyone suggest what could cause the two problems please... :crybaby:

Kev

if you get no joy with the dealer, phone toyota head office, i also had similar problems, also had to get new rear windscreen as half the heater elements werent working , have niggling rattle from passenger door, been back 3 times still not solved, now im halving probs getting into 1st gear, warranty runs out in feb, thats when my problems will realy start!

if you get no joy with the dealer, phone toyota head office, i also had similar problems, also had to get new rear windscreen as half the heater elements werent working , have niggling rattle from passenger door, been back 3 times still not solved, now im halving probs getting into 1st gear, warranty runs out in feb, thats when my problems will realy start!

Can't you ask them to extend your warantee? As those aren't your fault?

I'm sorry to say this chaps but I presume you Toyotas are built in Britain?

Either way (and this ain't much comfort) Toyota have in the last 3 years (since introduction of latest Corolla) started to sell on their 'Name' and the build quality has started to wain a bit (VW is suffering the same attitude/situation with the latest Golf).

If you read along this forum you will see a lot of people are having problems with the 'new shape' Corolla.

:(

I'm sorry to say this chaps but I presume you Toyotas are built in Britain?

Either way (and this ain't much comfort) Toyota have in the last 3 years (since introduction of latest Corolla) started to sell on their 'Name' and the build quality has started to wain a bit (VW is suffering the same attitude/situation with the latest Golf).

If you read along this forum you will see a lot of people are having problems with the 'new shape' Corolla.

:(

You are absolutely right, mine is made in UK. But it is two and a half years old, not he latest one... :(

By the way, any ideas for my problems?

Kev

I've got a ae111 corolla on a y plate that too has rattles and noises, that too was built in derby. I've not noticed a face lifted corolla with the made in britain sticker they all seem to be made in japan. Have they swaped back to japan or are they making some there and some in uk. I was under the impression the estate, saloon, and verso where made in turkey hatchback made in uk. To be honest my dads avensis seems a better quality car from plastics used and the steel feels thicker than mine, that a 2000 x plate. From being an ex rover driver tho the toyota rattles a lot less and bits dont drop off over night.

Squeaky brakes (I presume you mean front) .... Pads will need to be removed and have some cooper grease smeared on face that sits against caliper (including anti rattle shims)

5) Popping out dashboard

Do you mean the radio and heater vents. If so i beleve this to be a common problem should be fixed free of charge by the dealer.

5) Popping out dashboard

Do you mean the radio and heater vents. If so i beleve this to be a common problem should be fixed free of charge by the dealer.

Yes that's it. The panel which holds the radio and stuffs... The most worrying thing for me is the flooded boot and the occasion but continuous sqeauky noise (when happen) when I am driving though.

Kev

The most worrying thing for me is the flooded boot and the occasion but continuous sqeauky noise (when happen) when I am driving though.

Kev

The occassional squeeking may be your seat belt clip on the driver's seat and the passenger one vibrates/squeeks/rattles too on mine!!!! Put a sticky backed foam/cloth pad on the the back of the seat belt clip to keep pressure on it from the centre console (where the storage lid is)

Hope this helps...

Gary

The occassional squeeking may be your seat belt clip on the driver's seat and the passenger one vibrates/squeeks/rattles too on mine!!!! Put a sticky backed foam/cloth pad on the the back of the seat belt clip to keep pressure on it from the centre console (where the storage lid is)

Hope this helps...

Gary

That sounds like the same area my noise comes from.

Hope this helps...

Gary

That sounds like the same area my noise comes from.

But the squeak when I am driving is like "squeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak" :) it's kind of the voice when you press a squaky brake...

Is it possible that the brake pad is too close and it's touching the disc when driving??

Kev

Could anyone tell me whether this is normal please....:(

P1040186small.JPG

I found some sort of sealent which appears along the back of the boot... does that mean it's been crashed or something???

:wacko:

Kev

that looks awfull.. if thats how it comes out of the factory im gobsmacked.. what a mess! will have a look in my boot for you. :thumbsup:

that looks awfull.. if thats how it comes out of the factory im gobsmacked.. what a mess! will have a look in my boot for you.  :thumbsup:

Thx, please tell me what you have found :(

that looks awfull.. if thats how it comes out of the factory im gobsmacked.. what a mess! will have a look in my boot for you.  :thumbsup:

You sure this is a brand new car that you bought from an official Toyota dealer? If so, did you make any special deal to get a lower price car? You know that even official dealers can sell away new cars that have had accidents (i.e. during delivery). But they notify the perspective owner about that and offer a better price.

Which part of the boot is this. This is a repair conducted at a very low cost garage.

You sure this is a brand new car that you bought from an official Toyota dealer? If so, did you make any special deal to get a lower price car? You know that even official dealers can sell away new cars that have had accidents (i.e. during delivery). But they notify the perspective owner about that and offer a better price.

Which part of the boot is this. This is a repair conducted at a very low cost garage.

You mean this is a repair? This is the boot wall behind the rear bumper. Well, this is a 2nd hand car (03Reg) bought from an official toyota dealer... I asked the sales whether he knows about any accident happened to the vehicle. He said not that he knows of... But I have already bought it... could I claim for compensation?

Kev

did you get a hpi check done on the car? to find out if it had been crashed?!

that boot looks awful!!!

i used to have a peugeot with a boot like that, and i think it had been hit hard at the back!

I asked the dealer and they said it's normal... For the HPI check, since every toyota car would have a HPI check but mine seems to be missing... i am gonna ask them again on monday.

did you get a hpi check done on the car? to find out if it had been crashed?!

that boot looks awful!!!

i used to have a peugeot with a boot like that, and i think it had been hit hard at the back!