Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Software Do They Use To Customise Car's

Fast-gold

I imagine it would be something quite techy and sophisticated..and not cheap either!  :unsure:

your right there, CAD software costs ££££'s

and its very complicated to use................... (unless your qualified like ones self, & i still struggle with aspects of it :P)

same here been using it 2 years, quallified to use it but it is no means easy

it depends...

for artist impressions, they use Photoshop..

for the actual development of bodykits, they will use propreity CAD software and capture equipment...

PhotoShop is ideal to get an idea of how things will look...

CAD stuff and you are getting into realy £££ and techincal territory... 3d modelling n all

Programs such as 3DS Max, Lightwave and Mya are all 3D modelling programs that might not be as expensive as CAD stuff... but if you can model a car in them you would do well to get yourself a job in the industry :P

Stick to PhotoShop.. easiest to use and pick up :thumbsup:

Ah yeah CAD - my Brother did a course in that..said it incredibly hard and there was no way he would've done it off his own back....he was forced too by work and it took him ages to learn.

I get so impressed with people who can model in CAD as its just so darn difficult - the whole thing amazes me.

My mates boyfriend designs cars for Jag - not sure of the software he uses, but its all very technical stuff! :thumbsup:

I get so impressed with people who can model in CAD as its just so darn difficult - the whole thing amazes me.

My mates boyfriend designs cars for Jag - not sure of the software he uses, but its all very technical stuff!  :thumbsup:

You also need a top spec pc to install and run the CAD applications! I've done a little CAD and lets say.......it isn't easy!

my dad uses CAD and makes it look easy

When i was 15 i did work experience and i had to take cad drawings and link them up and then revolve them around the center axis 180 degrees and you got a 3d model :D

been doing CAD (not 3d though, architectural and M/E) for 6 years and it definately isn't easy, cost's thousands aswell. I'm sure you can always FIND it somewhere.... dum de dum...... do do...... internet search.......

autoCADs homo, CATIAv5 is the future

:yes:

I don't understand why companies use 2D CAD like AutoCAD - its complete crud and far harder to use than any vaguely decent 3D cad system (I use Solid Edge here, but they're all basically the same)

Catia's perfect for "car stuff" as it uses surfaces to form the "bits" - its the donkey's :thumbsup:

A

PS For those of you who don't know, I'm a Product Designer... I can't find any pics of our CAD stuff that are handy on the 'net at the mo, but if you look here there are a couple of wee animations...

2D CAD is easy, done it for 2 months just picked it up within weeks. Im yet to experience 3d, and im worried.

3D cad is the future - its so easy to show ideas to peope when you can zoom in and out and rotate them on screen...

Stuck-Together-600x800.jpg

Umm... yeah... I know they're piccys, but they were all designed in 3D cad.

A

ill see if i can blag a few of my creations from work

not on till tomorrow night