Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chill In The Air

Blue84

Hi All,

Thought it had been a while since we did one of these threads..

I've noticed that today especially, aswell as yesterday there has been a real chill in the air & it feels like it could become really chilly soon. Anyone else noticed it?

Also have seen that dew type moisture been forming on the car windscreens/roofs for the past few mornings..add to that the sun being really low in the sky it makes driving very dodgy! Wonder if we'll get snow here before Christmas this year, usually get it around Feb/March time :unsure:

Was in Belgium at the weekend and it was chilly there too on Sunday, especially in the morning :unsure:

Yeah, I've noticed that, might have to add a bit more de-icer to the windscreen water tank, I dont mind the cold too much though, it's just part of being in England

Can't remember the last time we had a good foot or two of snow

LMAO at the country coming to a stand still with a cm on the ground a while back ........ it never use to be like that!

The summer wasn't that great this or last year so hopefully this christmas is gonna be a bad one!

Fingers crossed for snow......... THE PROPPER STUFF!

Well i know its been raining! had to get some new Wiper Blades! yay! :D

First times! hehehe i know small things!

Its been very cold in the morning, that 15min walk to work is cold and i have to wear gloves now! :(

deffo been cooler... been wrapped up in my blankie on the sofa... cba putting heating on yet lol

Glad i put antifreeze in Skye's coolant couple of weeks back.. gonna top up the windscreen washer stuffs too soon...

Not really looking forward to my first winter with the MR2... but we will see :)

Can't remember the last time we had a good foot or two of snow

LMAO at the country coming to a stand still with a cm on the ground a while back ........ it never use to be like that!

The summer wasn't that great this or last year so hopefully this christmas is gonna be a bad one!

Fingers crossed for snow......... THE PROPPER STUFF!

Oh I can ;)

I've noticed that I'm having to turn on the light in my bedroom when I get up in the morning, and how cold its getting at nights.

I was out at my MD's estate (again) on Tuesday and I swear it was close to snow at times - blowing a gail (famous Highland !Removed! film :P ) and horizontal rain.

I say we'll have snow before mid-November this year and I'm already glad I've got the winter tyres on...

A

yeah, it is getting dark early...

and do you know Brussels is officially the wettest city in Europe - yep, it gets the most rain LOL!

Is that why everything in Brussels sprouts? :unsure:

My Mum's just back from the house in Burgundy. On Tuesday evening at 9pm it was still 22C. Here is was 9... :(

I was thinking about this thread on my way home tonight and I realised how much the trees have turned in the last couple of days. I'll try and get a piccy at the weekend.

A

Yep! Its freezing at work now! :( Fleece on under my work jacket already! Its going to have to be at least 3 fleeces when its deep deep winter! :blink::eek:

It's 11 Degrees tonight, seems to get dark around 7.15 ish or so now doesnt it? Will soon be getting up in the dark, going to work and coming home when it's dark... :unsure:

Managed to get a snap of these trees in Belgium:

castletrees.jpg

Tis nice when the trees turn all Autumny colours as they shed their leaves..

I was messing around with adding text and left it on there by accident....the things you do when you are killing time lol :lol:

Should upload another one from my camera but I cant be bothered ;)

There is indeed a fantastic chill in the air... I noticed it when the local barmaid's nipples stand up to attention every time the door is opened. :thumbsup:

The Meteorologists , the real ones! not those with a lump of seaweed outside the backdoor, reckon that this will be one of the coldest winters for ages.Certainly summer disappeared within a matter of a fortnight.

What we are getting here (Ireland) is probably a side swipe from Rita. Cousin in Canada said that they are in a similar condition,

True, it is dark in the mornings now & I hate having to put on the light. Lets face it though, man (& woman ) were not designed to get up @ 6.15 regardless of weather or desires (wishes, you at the back with the dirty mind!)

I was holding off putting on the heat because I have had 2 notices about the price increase of Gas. Gave in tonight. To hell with poverty, the house is comfortable.

Thinking of going to live in Spain. Can get a 2 bed apartment for under 50,000 Euro, not on the Costas. You would pay 5 times that here @ be cold & ripped off.

Er, yes , there is a chill in the air! :yes:

There is indeed a fantastic chill in the air... I noticed it when the local barmaid's nipples stand up to attention every time the door is opened.  :thumbsup:

LOL sounds more like an "accidently on purpose" thing to notice ;)

The Meteorologists , the real ones! not those with a lump of seaweed outside the backdoor, reckon that this will be one of the coldest winters for ages.

True, it is dark in the mornings now & I hate having to put on the light. Lets face it though, man (& woman ) were not designed to get up @ 6.15 regardless of weather or desires (wishes, you at the back with the dirty mind!)

Yeah I heard that too..wonder if it will happen or not tho, they say these things and they never quite materliase sometimes..

6.15 is very early, but then I only get up at 6.45 when I go to work so just half an hour difference :unsure: will be much harder to get up when we are further into Winter

hey Blue - where was that picture taken out of interest? looks a nice place to visit next time im over there....

And Bizzara - if your seriously considering spain, PM me and ill give you some advice!

ok is it me or is it warmer today. i can go outside without my coat on and not freeze

It's a little warmer and ALL the shops have their heating on full blast <_< !

ok is it me or is it warmer today. i can go outside without my coat on and not freeze

It's a little warmer and ALL the shops have their heating on full blast <_< !

hehe im the only person in the store who has the pin number for the heatin panal. so if im cold everyone frys :P

hey Blue - where was that picture taken out of interest? looks a nice place to visit next time im over there....

Um I think it's called Wijinderdale Castle..it was a few KM from Oostende..am going back again next Weekend :yes: and will be speaking to Yves this weekend tooso will ask the expert..this was the castle:

castle11.jpg

that we wanted to go visit, but it's closed until May 2006 for refurbishment so we went for a massive walk around the Fields/Forest next to it, and the first picture I posted was the "lane" outside the Castle Boundary by the parking area..

It feels a bit warmer here this evening, but this afternoon I was so cold I had go put on another layer whilst I was here in the house as it was chilly :rolleyes: