Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav Destination Entry

NickE

I am going on the factory tour this Friday with the TOC and want to know how I can enter the destination on my satnav (TNS200). The factory is on a road that does not have a name, but I know it is next to junction 4 of the A50 (intersection with the A38). The address is:

Toyota Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

Burnaston

Derby

DE1 9TA

Any ideas?

You can't enter the postcode on the TNS200 as far as I know - please put me straight if I'm wrong.

If you know where it is on the map, it should be easy to find manually, pinpoint and chose end destination? The zoom in and out function should make location relatively quick and easy? Also the CD has all Toyota dealers locations built in, maybe it has the factory too?

Find it on the map? Zoom in/out? I think you're talking about the DVD based TNS300 - I have the TNS200 which has none of those functions.

Your right, I assumed they all work along basicly the same lines :unsure: sorry!

• 3 weeks later...
Find it on the map? Zoom in/out? I think you're talking about the DVD based TNS300 - I have the TNS200 which has none of those functions.

TNS300 does not have those zoom buttons

I know that this reply is a little late but maybe it will help others. I have a tns300 system.

Spent 30 mins trying to set intersection on the 2 roads unsuccesfully.

Last resort

using the web www.multimap.co.uk

enter the postcode

I then chose the entry off the roundabout into the toyota works

and noted the grid ref provided by multimap

52:52:03N, 1:34:08W

I then entered the above grid ref at the 'enter co-ordinates' menu

and a route was then obtained. This is not ideal, motorway junctions would be a nice feature.

Tony, Did you get the TNS300 as an upgrade option? My Previa is newer than yours yet only has the TNS200. Unfortunately I can't enter co-ordinates.

Nick

my previa was a purchase from oneswoop, the car was sourced from holland. The car is identical to the uk model except that in holland( and other european countries) they(toyota) have stopped supplying the cdrom version tns200 over a year ago, and are supplying the tns300 instead. I understand the options are very similar but it would seem that entering co-ordinates may be a difference. I cannot understand why toyota are still shipping the cdrom unit in the uk except to use up stock already manufactured.

Many people in the uk travel around europe and are unlikely to purchase additional cdroms for holiday and ain there not getting the full benifit of the excellent sat nav system. On holiday abroard I find the sat nav system is more use than in the uk especially navigating to hotels in large cities.

if anyone is thinking of getting toyota sat nav tns200 fitted as an option then they may like to consider getting a french/holland toyota dealer to fit the tns300 system instead while they are visiting. The price including fitting was very similar.

Sounds like you did the right thing with your satnav then. Seems like we're getting a bum deal in the UK. Are you going to JAE? I would like to see the TNS300 in action.

• 2 weeks later...

Try putting the telephone number into TNS200 - it works for National Trust houses and Towsure in Southampton, which are all I've tried yet.

Keith

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links