Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cts V's Ctr

Knoxville

Hi guys, in case you haven't noticed i'm new to the site. Just to start the ball rolling, what sort of opinions have you guys got on these two cars, performance wise. Anybody had a blast with one.

Apologys if this topic has been coverd before.

Cheers.

They would beat a cts so hard you would feel it next week. The CTR is more powerful and handels better.... except if you are raging from 0-60 on a wet track. Have a look at http://type-r.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=4 not sure if you have to join but its a fun forum and they claim to have beaten inpreza in a CRT ...

.... just read a new link about racing a celica 190 and someone from this site put in have they raced a cts? the answer from somone who had :

"Yep the TS is a small shocker will stay with the CTR but not after Vtec in 3rd and above icon_rolleyes.gif"

Funny Web site :lol:

There are really funny posts on there, most of the guys on there knows their stuff, others think there Civic Type-R is the fastest car in the world :eek: you know what I mean :thumbsup:

i think some of their claims are a bit far feched like outdoing a 260 bhp impreza etc. i think some of them have said they beat other cars but who said the guy was actualy trying?

I outdid a lotus elise from a rounderbout and down a 2 laned road, i dont know what type it was i asume a 120bhp model (anyone know how to tell) but was his foot as hard to the floor as mine? i will never know all a know is he did go for a fast take off as he was close all the way to 80mph

I LOVE that versus page i know its a bit MAXPOWER and the r type site is a bit like that and this is a more mature site but i would be nice to have a forum like that for all TS.

.... lets be diplomatic VOTE

Exon's post was spot on. I've had a few keep-ups with other cars but mostly with total strangers who I will never meet again. Were we racing or did he only put his foot down when he thought I might be overtaking. Was it a friendly 'what can you do?' or a ':censor: you mate, I'm not letting you past'? Perhaps they feel intimidated by me suddenly appearing in their rear-view?

Some people buy a quick car just for the kudos it brings but either can't drive it or are much too sensible to race. My wife would love a Porsche but I bet she would rarely rev it past 5k - she's the sensible type.

I suppose the only way to get some idea is to compare 0-60 times posted on the rival car's forum. Perhaps get some accurate figures at a Santa Pod day out.

Cheers

They would beat a cts so hard you would feel it next week

i dont think so :angry: unless you ctr owner

there is no way a ctr can beat a cts that bad ctr will win by a nose i guess all down to the driver in the end of the day

read this

http://www.hondaforums.co.uk/phpBB2/viewto...opic.php?t=2760

LOL, they say the CTS is ugly... what are they comparing with? Cause the CTR is more ugly i must say...

Ok, the CTS with no spoilers and stuff can be ugly, especially without the rear roof spoiler it looks so silly.

In the front i think the CTS look more agressive than the CTR, just look at mine :D

Yeah and as for being as aerodynamic as a BRICK... they must have some dam wonkie houses.... ok its no maclaren F1 but its as good as a leon or CTR i would think

lol... lowered CTS with TTE spoiler looks much better than a CTR... ;-)

and the CTR is a bit quicker off the mark and better in turns, but not by that much at all... its a drivers race all the way, especially with wider tires and lowering and not to mention if road is anything less than perfect, CTS will be better.

Whys this 'wider tyres' thing always mentioned? A tractor has wide tyres, doesnt mean it corners better ;) :P

Ive just bought just 215/40/17 tyres as appossed to the standard 205/45/17. What tyres are standard on the CTS?

Remember... dont compare modded to standard (ie. lowering, its annoying ;) )

I like the front end of the CTS, but the boot/rear looks strange IMO. :blink:

i was talking to my friend who own a ctr he was telling me how much extra he pay for the air con then this came to my head the 0-60 figure for the ctr tested by honda wouldn't have air con fitted reason i am saying this cos is not a standed ctr equitment so i think with the air con fitted ctr could easyly lose half of a second of the honda time just my opinion :)

i was talking to my friend who own a ctr he was telling me how much extra he pay for the air con then this came to my head the 0-60 figure for the ctr tested by honda wouldn't have air con fitted reason i am saying this cos is not a standed ctr equitment so i think with the air con fitted ctr could easyly lose half of a second of the honda time just my opinion :)

Hope your joking ;)

No way is A/C going to affect a cars 0-60 time by 0.5 seconds. The CTR is much better 0-100 since 0-60 needs 3rd gear anyway, which goes to show that 6.4 seconds & having to use 3rd to hit it aint too bad really.....as long as its not too wet and using Bridgestone RE040's ;) :)

sorry guys but the CTR would eat a CTS both standard, it's all very well saying that with lowered suspension etc the CTS will keep up... As soon as you start talking like that the CTR guys can say 'well i think we'll just stick a chip in it then and make it 270bhp'

standard is standard, modded is modded !

Hope your joking ;)

No way is A/C going to affect a cars 0-60 time by 0.5 seconds. The CTR is much better 0-100 since 0-60 needs 3rd gear anyway, which goes to show that 6.4 seconds & having to use 3rd to hit it aint too bad really.....as long as its not too wet and using Bridgestone RE040's ;) :)

sorry i disagree with ya a/c do affect the acceleretion on any motor vehicle just like automatic transmisson does :)

sorry guys but the CTR would eat a CTS both standard

sorry i disagree with ya as well beat it yes eat up NO WAY :)

Hope your joking ;)

sorry i disagree with ya a/c do affect the acceleretion on any motor vehicle just like automatic transmisson does :)

if the AC isn't turned on though. isn't it just the weight of the AC that would affect the 0 - 60?

When my AC is off i'm fine but when i turn it on. Major power loss. I'd say around 10-15%

I only have a standard 1.4 corolla, but if i could afford the insurance i would buy a CTS. Better looks, probably not a lot slower, and its Toyota!!!!!

I only have a standard 1.4 corolla, but if i could afford the insurance i would buy a CTS.

hi al_nunn

is this a age thing are you young or something

The cost of insurance doesn't have to be an age thing, and probably an area left alone....

There are a number of reasons why people choose the cars they have.....

Costs of insurance could be down to a wide variety of factors....

i got this strange feeling i aint rhaines favorite pet on here :P