Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wish I Had An Lpg Amazon

Sword

Fact is, they are just too expensive to buy up front...

Bought my xreg (Feb 01) VX-A with 49 on the clock for about 12.5k and traded in my previa for more than book value, so a great deal really.

However, next time around I'd really like an Amazon 4.7 with LPG conversion. Can't really do the LPG thing with mine cos nowhere for the tank and cost would be about 2k - which on 11k mileage would take longer to recover than I'll probably own the car for! (3 yrs or so?)

"Who cares?" you might say.

And, well, you'd be justified - but at the end of the day, its Friday and somebody just pointed out a lovely green number to me on the net. But the extra 6k will get me most of the caravan I'm after :-)

Sword

Is there no government grants available for LPG conversion? I saw on the telly ages ago that it would cost £2000 to get it installed but you could claim £1500 back off the government if you apply before you get it done. They said it was going to stop a few months after the programme but maybe there is a similar scheme on now, it might not be a £1500 saving anymore but it still may make it a worthwhile thing to get done.

I know its totally irrelevant but did you see the episode of the West Wing where the young chap (Josh?) trashes this guy's brand new Prius while test driving a SUV? (apologies if that was Season 6 btw!).

oh, and I understand (to my great disapppointment) that the grants have ended - on instruction of Europe!

Sword

Yeah! Gave me a good laugh (especially the line about testosterone...)

Ummm... It is series 6 though

A

oh, and I understand (to my great disapppointment) that the grants have ended - on instruction of Europe!

Sword

Shame, doesn't suprise me to hear that the EU have been sticking their noses in again though

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links