Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying A Supra

Supra Doopa

Hi, I've only just joined the forums. I'm 20 and the time has come when i can afford to insure a supra.

In a few months im looking to buy a no turbo or possibly single turbo 93> Supra. Ideally standard for around 6grand for a base to begin modifying.

What sort of mileage should i expect to around £10 as im currently getting about 60 and i can afford that. Are there any problems i should look for when buying?

Thanks,

Christopher :thumbsup:

Hi, welcome to the forum.

To answer your questions -

Every MK4 Supra (shape like the orange one from the fast and the furious) from the factory is either a non turbo or a twin turbo.

They stopped the single turbo one on the mk3.

Some people convert the small twins to one large single.

In all honesty if you are worried about mpg then the supra isnt for you. Its 25mpg at best. Most owners struggle to get 20mpg.

Best of luck in the future with getting a Supra :thumbsup:

Im not worried about the petrol i was just wondering how much its gonna guzzle.

Looks like im deffo gonna be after a non turbo then.

Im not worried about the petrol i was just wondering how much its gonna guzzle.

Looks like im deffo gonna be after a non turbo then.

why are u thinking about a non turbo over a turbo? insurance on a j-spec n/a or turbo would be the same. large amounts of £££££££££

have u thought about buying a uk spec twin turbo????? lot cheaper to insure and more power, mod cons, etc.

looks like i maybe selling mine in a month or so :( :( :( need to buy a house.

good luck with the hunt fella.

baz

post-12720-1128334872_thumb.jpg

I agree that the UK spec cars are better buys overall ;) But unfortunately the non turbo imports 'are' cheaper to insure than either an import or uk turbo now.

Didnt used to be that way, but my import n/a cost less than the uk turbo i had by about £100 :)

JDM ones look better as they don;t have the horns and scoop!!!

In all honesty if you are worried about mpg then the supra isnt for you. Its 25mpg at best. Most owners struggle to get 20mpg.

Is that for the non turbo or twin turbo?

my tt does around 28mpg on a long run. but as leeky said, if u are going to worry about petrol.........dont buy one.

u could always buy a box on wheels.....................o sorry i meant a mkiii.

j-spec look better?????????? your having a laugh karma!!!!

baz

Box on wheels?????????

Pah!!!!!!!

mk4meet.jpg

what the hell are they :lol:

i think he is trying to show how the mkiv is aero dynamic, compared to the box on wheels mkiii .

i could always go into the spares buisness.........sell my mkiv and buy 8-10 mkiii's

hee hee. :thumbsup:

Since the average supra life span with a 20 year driver is approximately 8 months before totalled, I think the insurance will be quite a bit. :)

what the hell are they :lol:

Finally, a question I know the answer to.

They're Jelly Belly Jelly Beans, though they don't normally have spoilers.

The one in the middle is Peachy Pie flavour. :thumbsup:

Since the average supra life span with a 20 year driver is approximately 8 months before totalled, I think the insurance will be quite a bit.  :)

What a stupid post, age doesnt matter. Its how stupid you drive the thing and the care you take on top of the driver ability.

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Your 20 and your getting a Supra?

Im 20 and paying 1400 3rd party insurance on an UK spec MR2.

You do realise youd be quoted stupid amounts on your insurance dont you?

Mind you I have 2 yrs ncb and 3 yrs experience. If youd try to insure a turbo they would probably tell you that you need to be over 21 or 25 whatever.

Your 20 and your getting a Supra?

Im 20 and paying 1400 3rd party insurance on an UK spec MR2.

You do realise youd be quoted stupid amounts on your insurance dont you?

Mind you I have 2 yrs ncb and 3 yrs experience. If youd try to insure a turbo they would probably tell you that you need to be over 21 or 25 whatever.

No no no, insuring a Supra at 20 is not a problem. approx £1000 :thumbsup: just need to shop around

Since the average supra life span with a 20 year driver is approximately 8 months before totalled, I think the insurance will be quite a bit.  :)

Stupid post!!!!!!

I had a twin turbo soarer at 17 (same car underneath as a mk4)... bar some daft parking dings I never crashed it once!!

It would probably explain my dislike and uneasyness of FWD cars!!

No no no, insuring a Supra at 20 is not a problem. approx £1000  :thumbsup: just need to shop around

Really? What insurance companies do you use? Does it matter if its a turbo or import?

Getting a Supra or skyline without turbo is like buying a PS2 or Xbox but with no games.

If it's gonnabe a car with status then It'd have to be a turbo...Im a jap car fanatic =)

• 4 weeks later...

No no no, insuring a Supra at 20 is not a problem. approx £1000  :thumbsup: just need to shop around

Getting a Supra or skyline without turbo is like buying a PS2 or Xbox but with no games.

If it's gonnabe a car with status then It'd have to be a turbo...Im a jap car fanatic =)

:P ha ha how true ! if your gonna do it do it properly ! i just bought a ss1-gt-celica - a month in it hate it ! should have got the gt4-205 :angry:

Get the twin turbo mate - stuff the insurance! its only ££ :thumbsup: