Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Mpg ?

philm

Filled up my Yaris 1.4TD yesterday and worked out I'd managed to get just over 74mpg which in these days of high fuel prices I think is pretty good. That's a range of well over 700 miles on a single tank full of diesel.

Wondered what you petrol heads were getting and if anybody had bettered that.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanbradley

• Blue84

• Demonic Angel

• DaveSR

I get about 330 miles to a tank in my petrol 1.3 T-Spirit..... only have to fill up once a month, sometimes less! :thumbsup:

About 40mpg, depending on how heavy the right foot is! :lol:

I dont think anyones gotten higher than 74mpg though in a diesel.... dunno, we'll have to wait for the likes of Al and the other diesel Yaris owners....

I fill up once a month! :lol: and i get 53.9mpg! :D But i wont do soon when i can drive on my own! :lol:

I only generally do short journeys at the moment so I only get 45-46mpg in 1.0 Yaris GS but with more extended driving I can get over 50, highest its been was 51.9mpg I think.

pah! fuel is evil and must be destroyed! :lol:

i get 32ish in the yaris and the mr2 does about 14!

My best is about 65mpg over 440 miles but I don't, um, really aim for economy :unsure:

When I'm working my mileage out I always make sure I brim the tank until the diesel is as close to the lip of the tank as humanely possible. The idea is to make sure that I'm eliminating as many variables as possible and make my calculations as consistent as possible. I'm not saying you don't, but it would be good to knowthat we're comparing like-for-like...

I'm disappointed if I don't get 500 to 550 miles per tank.

Glad you're enjoying the car though :thumbsup:

A

When i filled my 1.3 Blue petrol up last week i did 470 miles i think i could have gone further but didn't fancy a walk to the petrol station in the rain with a can in my hand...!

Pushing 400 miles per tankfull (398) ...........and I do not drive like a grandad :D

Have done 380 Miles to one tank in the Yaris Blue 1.3 and average consumption is around 43-45 mpg.

Blue

ive seen 370 out of mine and that 1 once on a trip up to blackpool!! 6 hours or consistant speed, so yes it can be done, but for town driving ur having a laugh

my mpg varies from 30-40

45.8mpg at present.

Got 380miles out of the last tank.

20 mile round commute 5 days a week, and whatever I do at the weekend.

Think I have a problem: 54reg Yaris D4D, only getting 45mpg, light use and not a racer! Dealer claims 'no problem, and this is about average'. Have an 05 Golf 2.0 TDI, that's doinf over 50mpg! The Yaris must go. .. .

Think I have a problem: 54reg Yaris D4D, only getting 45mpg, light use and not a racer! Dealer claims 'no problem, and this is about average'. Have an 05 Golf 2.0 TDI, that's doinf over 50mpg! The Yaris must go. .. .

Question For Yaris Diesel Owners

bw10030 Posted on: May 5 2005, 09:40 PM

Group: Registered Member

Member No.: 18989

Mines coming up on 3000 miles now, and has loosened noticeably over the last 1000 miles. Fuel consumtion continues to improve, first tankful (from 0 miles) a poor 45 mpg, last tankful an fairly impressive 58mpg (I always go brim to brim, so it's pretty, accurate), and am hopeful of breaking the 60mpg barrier next time! Mind you, with the weather warmimg up, the A/C is now on quite a bit, so that will no doubt knock the MPG back a bit.

What happened to the fairly impressive 58 mpg posted in May 2005?? :D

Have you had your aircon on all the time?

Can I recommend a different dealer? 45 doesn't sound right at all - I've only recorded a figure that low one day I did 600 miles and was making progress all day.

Also, are you sure you're calculating it properly?

:wacko:

A

I do mostly short journeys and get about 43mpg, but that's after a nice clean air filter etc. It tends to deteriorate as the year goes on :( I went to Bristol from up here in the NE of Scotland last year and wasn't exactly going at 30mph - I managed to get there on less than a tank :D in my 1L GS which I think was about 52mpg!

had our yaris at 5000 miles was averaging 64 to the gallon now spedo at 17000 miles engine loosened up niceley done gloucester to cambridge £7 averaging now in the 70s. Well impressed

average in my 1.0S is reading 59.9mpg! (reset it when i got it 7000miles ago) - seems about right as i get 450+ miles to a tank if driving carefully, 400+ otherwise

(and thats not all "granny driving")

done 230 miles today watching McRae rally in perth and gauge is only down 2 bars

Also Yves gets around 47 mpg or so in the T-Sport...still dont know quite how he does it :lol:

Not bad at all for a TS tho :yes:

My best is about 65mpg over 440 miles but I don't, um, really aim for economy :unsure:

When I'm working my mileage out I always make sure I brim the tank until the diesel is as close to the lip of the tank as humanely possible. The idea is to make sure that I'm eliminating as many variables as possible and make my calculations as consistent as possible. I'm not saying you don't, but it would be good to knowthat we're comparing like-for-like...

I'm disappointed if I don't get 500 to 550 miles per tank.

Glad you're enjoying the car though :thumbsup:

A

Thats exactly what I do.

Fill the tank as far as it will go, record the litres & the mileage.

My journey to work is a 25 mile return journey along A roads which don't pass through any major towns, so there's no stopping or queues, especially as I start early & finish early so avoid the major rush.

I drive to the speed of the other traffic and keep to the highest gear I can at all times so I'm not hanging about just trying to be efficient, probably spend most of the journey at 40 to 50 mph.

My TD has just done a 1000 miles so it sounds like there's room for improvement once its broken in a bit more. On those 1000 miles my overall average MPG is around the 60 mark, just seemed to get a good run on the last tankfull.

Anybody investigated bio diesel ?

Must be driving style then. My drive to work is pretty similar although there are a couple of long hills, but they shouldn't really make thatmuch of a difference.

Only other thing is tyres. Do you have Bridgestones, Goodyears or something else? During the winter I run mud 'n' snows which make a small (typically less than 10%) dent in my fuel economy...

I have looked at running biodiesel, but sadly I can't find it sold anywhere around Inverness. You can buy its to make it yourself from waste vegetable oil, but in oredr to use the kit legally you have to register yourself as a fuel producer with Customs & Excise and keep very tight tabs on the amount you produce so you can pay the duty.

There are a couple of websites and forums that might be useful.There's the US-based BioDieselNow which has a UK sub-forum (right down near the bottom) and in the UK there's a company that sells the kits & instructions called GreenFuels . If you're interested than I hope that's a start. Sadly, I don't have a garage and I'm not prepared to set up a fuel plant in my spare room :D

Hope that helps...

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links