Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Points On License

ToyotaTosh

Never had points on mine. Touch wood, but I think it's either 3 or 5 years.

60 in a 30. You're lucky not to loose it for a month or so. :yes:

You can have them removed after 3yrs but they stay DVLA's system for 4yrs.

I hope you've had your licence for more than 2 yrs otherwise you will have to re-take your theory and pratical tests again as my nephew found out..... got 6 points for doing 60 in a 30 limit....

ye 3 years on licence and 1 year further with the dvla. BUT, it costs you £18 to get 3 removed , hence i still got 6 showing on my licence lol ,ill wait till this 3 is up :P .

i dont buy bmw,s anymore . guess why lol.

ye 3 years on licence and 1 year further with the dvla. BUT, it costs you £18 to get 3 removed , hence i still got 6 showing on my licence lol ,ill wait till this 3 is up  :P .

i dont buy bmw,s anymore . guess why lol.

who do u pay that £18 to? dvla? and is that only after the 3 yrs??

i hate the pigs, hidin behind a bus stop as well !!!! :arrgg-matey:

yep - you pay that to the DVLa after the 3 years to cover thecost of a new licence.

OR in my case - mine went of when i changed my address :thumbsup:

J

i hate the pigs, hidin behind a bus stop as well !!!! :arrgg-matey:

To be fair mate... 60 in a 30. Think yourself lucky it's not worse.

Keep the big speeds to the roads that are not likely to have kids around (obviously still not condoning speeding of any type mr. moderators... :bye: )

...but yes, they are sneaky. Perhaps they were waiting on some proper criminals about to do a drug deal by that bus stop, but then heard your car screaming and pointed their portable pocket laser trap at you instead... ;)

scum of the earth if you ask me, they sit there all day like snipers just to get someone doing 34 in a 30. but 60 in a 30 is a bit extreme? youre lucky you didnt get banned. although my idiot of a mate got done doing over a 1er near where i live in a 40 zone and all he got was a slap on the wrist?? what a strange country we live in!

I got caught doing 81 in a 40 back in my youth days when i had no brain and got 6points and a 150quid fine but then i also got a £1000 lawyer bill..... DOH!!!

Here is a question for you guys....

I got caught on 4/11/01 but didnt get convicted till 29/8/02 so when do my points go?? I recently took a hgv test and my instructor insisted that they would go 3 years from date of offence but that seems a bit strange to me. It would be cool if thats the truth cos i will have effectivly got a years free points!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links