Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So I Went To Collect Those Wheels...

alanbradley

Well, I'm just back from collecting those OZs I bought (see this thread ) and they're in the back of the car.

They are multi-fitment and the second set of holes seems to be PCD100 whilst the offset is ET42, which I think is still okay (please correct me if I'm wrong).

There is no way they're going to fit under my wheel arches fitted with the tyres that are on at the moment, especially as it turns out there was a mis-type on e-bay and they're 16" rather than 15" :rolleyes:

The only other "issue" is that there are plugs in the PCD100 fitment and I can't quite suss how to get them out - I'm sure its really simple if you know the trick. I'll post a piccy in a wee while.

I still think I got a bargain though...

A

No! :P

I didn't say I wasn't keeping them ;)

A

Edit: Don't like double-posting, so here are the pics of the stud bits. The more I look at them the more I think there's some magic tool for removing them :(

OZ-Stud-bit-01.jpg

OZ-Stud-bit-02.jpg

Edited by alanbradley

Think you shoukld have a word with Dave...

And PCD 100 and an offste of +42 should fit, so you could have a potntial bargain on your hands there Alan!

Are the plugs rubber?

If so, a pair of pliers and a cloth should soon chase them out.

No, hard plastic sadly - I'd thought the same...

A

A piece of wood and short, sharp tap with a hammer should do the trick.... knocking them out from the outside (coned part of the plug)....

I "liberated" one gently and I've sussed how you're meant to do it - you simply prise the plug in the rear out gently with a flat screwdriver then push in the wee clips with the scre driver again and the front just drops out - simple!

They still seem very big....

A

Sorry for taking so long :lol: i now feel like the Cavalry arriving when the job is done.. The ones i have seen, the back pops off then the front pulls out.. but you allready sussed that.

Ok, as for the right fitment....

PDC = 4x100 (as you know)

Offset et35 - et45... so 42 will be fine

J size.. (you havn't said what these wheels are) 7J would be ideal.. 7.5J at a push. (look on the wheel.. it will say something like 7x16 or 7jx16 somewhere)

Tyre size... i would go for 195/45x16

Take a wheel to your local garage and ask them to strip it down for you.. then see if the wheel fits the car... thats if you cant get a wheel on with those bigger tyres on (might go on with thebigger tyre.. don't drop the jack though)

The man's a mind reader! Yes, they're 7jx16 and you've confirmed what I had sussed out as looking like the right tyre size.

I haven't tried the wheels on the car 'cos the weather's been crummy all day - I'll do it tomorrow night whan I get to my trolley jack (in borrowed garage 25 miles away...).

Cheers all!

A

edit: Have just realised that top line could be read to sound really arrogant - it wasn't meant that way :ph34r:

Edited by alanbradley

Lee, they're 205/55 R16 - is that not the same size as Matt had/has all the rubbing problems with?

A

no i had 215s, but they were really low profile too (40)

im just thinking 205s will be alright with a 42 offset, its just the profile is so big

I would think 195/45's or 205/40's would be fine Alan! :thumbsup:

You need to turn upto a meet soon with the rims and TTE spoiler on then you might just give me a challenge for the best looking Yaris there (although you will still have the phase 2 ghey headlights)! :P :D

You need to turn upto a meet soon with the rims and TTE spoiler on then you might just give me a challenge for the best looking Yaris there (although you will still have the phase 2 ghey headlights)! :P  :D

known as blowing ones own trumpet

As long as its only his trumpet...

Edit:

Piccy of quick trial before it got dark (from the 'phone, so a bit crummy...)

The car's still jacked up as i don't have any wheel nuts that will fit (well, I have 4 locking ones...)

Ozwheel.jpg

:thumbsup:

A

Edited by alanbradley

they look the bomb al!!! just had 2 new tires fitted to mine. great stuff, toyo proxi's t1's'ssss plus use the goldie discount as i got the tyres very very cheep for 4 you'd have a few p spare from £100 :D

Woah Alan they were so worth every little penny you paid for them and the slight fuss bout fitting. They look awesome :D Also kool to see a different design working with the yaris! (we already know superlegga equivalents and the five spoke enkei's look good :P) Really like the shiny silver against shiny black. Really works! Congrats on an awesomely good valued mod! Best of luck on the full fitment!

Cheers again *blush*

Sadly, they're going to stay taking up most of the spare room until after the winter 'cos I want to keep the car in one piece when the roads are slippery ;)

Does the goldie discount come out cheaper than the tyres are listed on the site?

:thumbsup:

A

You need to turn upto a meet soon with the rims and TTE spoiler on then you might just give me a challenge for the best looking Yaris there (although you will still have the phase 2 ghey headlights)! :P  :D

I thought I had best looking Yaris? :unsure::lol::lol:

They really are the dogs danglies Al! :drool::drool: