Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Idling

Ckman85

i started my corolla and it was pretty cold and my car was idling at 2000rpm. has that happened to n e ones corolla aswell? my cars brand new and i only had it for 1 week

when you start any car from cold the idle is usually between 1500 - 1800rpm (maybe even 2000rpm),

take it for drive, warm it up and it should idle just slightly under 1000rpm

if it idles at 2000rpm when fully warm take it back to where you got and tell them to set the idle

setting the idle is a very easy job but if you got the car new from a dealer get them to fix it!

i started my corolla and it was pretty cold and my car was idling at 2000rpm. has that happened to n e ones corolla aswell? my cars brand new and i only had it for 1 week

its normal, my car dose this aswell on cold start up's, once the car is warmed up it will settle down.

2000 rpm on a cold morning is about right my corolla does it and my dads avensis. Both when warmed up run at 650rpm, on warmer mornings you will find it does not rev so high summer mornings mine is at 1400 rpm on choke.

2000 rpm on a cold morning is about right my corolla does it and my dads avensis. Both when warmed up run at 650rpm, on warmer mornings you will find it does not rev so high summer mornings mine is at 1400 rpm on choke.

Mine idles at 1100~1300rpm when a bit cold, 500~600 when warmed... :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links