Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Multi-function Display

Roymart

Avensis 2.0 ltr. CDX 51 Reg.

Please can anyone tell me how to stop the multi-function display dimming when I switch on the lights? :help: Don't want to turn it off completely, just keep it the same brightness.

Blind Roy

Is it the multifunction display with in the main instrument binnacle you're on about?

If so, then locate the button that resets the trip mileage counters. With the ignition on and the headlights switched on, press and hold this button in. After a short time, you should see a bar meter on the digital display, and the display lighting will start to rise. Anyway, once it has gone all way up, it will go back down again. Just keep the button pressed until it's where you want it to be.

(If i've remembered that correctly!)

Is it the multifunction display with in the main instrument binnacle you're on about?

If so, then locate the button that resets the trip mileage counters.  With the ignition on and the headlights switched on, press and hold this button in.  After a short time, you should see a bar meter on the digital display, and the display lighting will start to rise.  Anyway, once it has gone all way up, it will go back down again.  Just keep the button pressed until it's where you want it to be.

(If i've remembered that correctly!)

Thanks for your help Stuart, it's actually the display for the radio, sat.nav. trip meter etc. that I'm babbling about.

Yes you did remember correctly. but no matter what setting I put that on, the radio display will automatically dim when the lights are switched on.

Roy

Please can anyone tell me how to stop the multi-function display dimming when I switch on the lights? :help:  Don't want to turn it off completely, just keep it the same brightness.

Blind Roy

Hi Roy,

You have the same car as me, but mines a Y reg rather than 51 reg (only six moths difference). My radio display doesn't dim when I put the lights on, I don't think you can change radio display brightness. I'll have a look in the manual at lunch time.

Mike.

You can do it by locating the side light feed wire at the rear of the unit & remove/cut it.

This will prevent the unit dimming when light are switched on.

If you need wire colours etc, let me know.

You can do it by locating the side light feed wire at the rear of the unit & remove/cut it.

This will prevent the unit dimming when light are switched on.

If you need wire colours etc, let me know.

That seems a bit drastic, mine dims as well at night, but not by very much, certainly unless you had very bad eyesight would it bother you ( but you shouldnt be driving at all in that case). In fact its actually nice, its obviously designed not to be glaringly bright when you are driving at night enabling you to concentrate on whats important, like the road ahead and your speed. Nice touch in my opinion.

A bit worrying that the original poster signs as "Blind Roy" :D

Please can anyone tell me how to stop the multi-function display dimming when I switch on the lights? :help:  Don't want to turn it off completely, just keep it the same brightness.

Blind Roy

Hi Roy,

You have the same car as me, but mines a Y reg rather than 51 reg (only six moths difference). My radio display doesn't dim when I put the lights on, I don't think you can change radio display brightness. I'll have a look in the manual at lunch time.

Mike.

Ha! As usual I'm talking crap! Mine does dim but not very much. I agree with Redwine, it's a bit better than being at full brightness in the dark.

Mike.

thanks for your help people, I can live with it. just makes reading the sat. nav. a little more difficult at night. I'll eat more carrotts. LOL Roy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links