Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greddy Electronic Boost Controller

spinout_mr2

ive just purchased a greddy profec b spec 2 electronic boost controller and im just wondering if theres anyone who would advise me. im going to fit it myself and im not sure where to mount it etc and where to root the boost pipes etc?. it also says in the manual to keep the electronic black unit away from heat. where under the lid of an MR does it not get warm?? any help would be very helpfull thanks shaun

ive got the E01... what does the control solenoid look like? if its the same ill explain where mine is :)

it a small black box and its got 3 outgoings on it they say nc,no and com it says greddy boost control valve on it. oh and theres a black and pink wire coming out with a plug on it that goes into the back of the main unit itself. if i explained very well.

sounds blind on the same! two ports for either internal or external waste gates? about 2inch tall and an inche square and the wires sound the same :yes:

will have to try and get a piccy... but its mounted on the tin of the bodywork under the rear window, just extended the actuator sense line slightly

yeah that sounds about right, is it the same as putting a mbc in as i already have one of those. this will replace it?

yup, pull MBC out and throw it over the hedge, replace resultant borken pipe with shiney new solenoid

makes sure you use the proper ports :yes:

ha easy as that ay? so will it run any better with this flash new controller coz it seems to be running a bit lumpy when it comes onto boost? could it be the mbc? because there not that good realy are they.

mmm possibly, id look more into you ignition system for those problems

only thing a boost controller does is of course control the actuator signal, if the bleed port was partially block? maybe cause a surge?

best thing with the EBC is (dunno if this applies on yours?) it constantly monitors the boost and constanlty makes adjustements to keep the exact level!

yeah it does, its what you want realy for optimum boost control. thanks for your help anyway jaxx. are you going to pod this weekend?

sound, ive installed the boost controller, i put the solinoud under my air filter? it seems out the way there. im having difficulty setting it up though, i cant get my head round it. any chance i could get some kind of settings guide? what settings are you running on yours? i just want 10 low 14.5 high.

mine has a duty rate and a gain rate

duty is the size of the aperture it leaves to control the boost, mines set at 38% and that runs a bang on 14psi

gain rate is how fast it reacts to open and close the apperture to control the boost, set it too high and itll boost spike... which is scary! set it too low and it gets a bit laggy

i started with a gain of 10 and duty of zero. went onto boost, checked pressure, add 5, go to boost, add 5 or so.. and so on until i was running exactly what i wanted

then started increasing the gain, thing i found 45-50 to be optimum, thats when its boosting nice and hard without the turbo spooling up too ferocious or just having a sunday walk upto full boost :rolleyes:

thats if yours works in the same way

also theres a start boost setting, which ive got set a 5psi, and it keeps the actuator closed up until it hits that, so it winds up to to half way like a Trent900 on full reverse thrust :lol:

similar on the normal profec? have you got no insturctions?

if not click here

hit TECH and all the manuals are there in english on PDF ;)

Jaxx you might be able to help me out bud(sorry to hi-jack thread spinoutmr2 ;) )

Do you know if the e-01 would work without the pressure sensor cos i ain't got it :(

E-O1

E-O1......

eo1

wires

Thanks

Yas :thumbsup:

p.s thanks for the instruction manual link aswell, damn second hand stuff never come complete :angry:

no worries mate (yas) cheers for that jaxx, just having a little trouble setting it up thats all. i was told these were the easy ones to set up? hate to think what the full chat ones are like??

no worries spinout HTH :D and it took me a while to suss, i was trying to use the auto mode which to be honest is a bit naff. but then i just tinkered with it and finally got the hang of it, not that difficult after a while

Yas.GTIr..

yes i think you cant get away without the pressure sensor as its how the system monitors the pressure, in fact im 100% sure you need it! also a good upgraded MAF sensor for if you get emanage or the like....

the solenoid is ment to have something 'missing' from one port. you set the ports up according to if you have external or internal wastegates, but the redundant one still stays open

id ask the person you bought it from where the pressure sensor is because they must have had it :yes:

no worries spinout HTH :D and it took me a while to suss, i was trying to use the auto mode which to be honest is a bit naff. but then i just tinkered with it and finally got the hang of it, not that difficult after a while

Yas.GTIr..

yes i think you cant get away without the pressure sensor as its how the system monitors the pressure, in fact im 100% sure you need it! also a good upgraded MAF sensor for if you get emanage or the like....

the solenoid is ment to have something 'missing' from one port. you set the ports up according to if you have external or internal wastegates, but the redundant one still stays open

id ask the person you bought it from where the pressure sensor is because they must have had it :yes:

Thanks jaxx & spinoutmr2, i bought the e-01 off of eBay from a guy that imports bit's from japanese salvage cars so i doubt he'd have it, but i rang up the dealers in the web link you gave and they said they can supply the pressure sensor and wiring for £87+vat :eek: do'h should'av just bought a new e-01. Thanks for your help buddy :)

Yas

clicky

was just gonna recommend these guys but the harness and sensor are 130USD so roughly 73quid before deliver and tax etc... so a decent price there me thinks!

Jus' LUURRRVE my e-01 and e-Manage.

...bit of a fiddle to set up as Jaxx said, but well worth it in the end! :thumbsup:

Stick with it mate.

boost sensor = pressure sensor

same thing mate, and yes that is the EXACT item you be needing :yes:

Sounds as complicated as my HKS EVC-4. I am running my HKS one at 0.8 BAR low, 1.1 BAR high. Not enitrely sure I've done it right, but it sure does kick butt!! I have attached a link to my fitting instructions here, scroll down to page 4, it's a BAR - PSI conversion table. Sorry, I don't know how to just get a single page from the site.

http://www.mygen.com/users/dbruce/myz31/HK...anual%201.0.pdf

boost sensor = pressure sensor

same thing mate, and yes that is the EXACT item you be needing :yes:

Thanks mate that's cleared thing's up now, all the companies i called said i only need the pressure sensor as an option for the e-manage. But i know what i need now so it's all good :)

Thanks again

Yas

the emanage can make use of the sensor as its effectively a upgrade on the std item

just the e01 also makes use of it to sense the pressure... it does help :lol: