Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It Possible To Fit Additional Mp3 Player?

blackcat

I already have a Panasonic cassette player head unit with a 6 disc multichanger in boot but I would also like to add an MP3 player to this set-up,using the existing Speakers.

Is this possible at all & what is required.I hope someone may have some advise.

I have GT4 ST185.

:thumbsup: thanks in advance fellas :)

if you have a LINE-IN input (usually rca a.k.a chinch) on your cassette player you can just get any cd/usb/hd portable mp3 player, plug it in, set the input on the head unit to 'auxillary' and rock'n'roll. alternatively, you can buy a low quality "tape" adapter. you plug one end of the adapter to the headphones connector of the portable mp3 player, and you push the "tape" end in to the cassete player. your cassette player will think it's playing a cassette tune, but it will actually be playing your music from the mp3 player.

you drive an st185!!!

both of these solutions are not worthy of that glorious car!!! :ffs:

throw all that crap away and get a decent apline cd/mp3/wma headunit and enjoy every second of your audio&toyota experience!!!

thanks Xkillerx, I probably will end up as you suggested putting in a complete new mp3 system.

I went to the local auto audio workshop & enquired about this and the engineer was quite adament that I cannot incorporate an additional mp3 player within the existing set-up,without removing one of the other units.

However,if anyone ever watches "Pimp My Ride" how in heck do they manage to wire up all them ICE,DVD and plasma televisions to one system?

thanks for your kind comment on my GT4, I was close to buying BMW 323 (eE36 model) but loved the look of the black widebody Celica so I bought that instead. :thumbsup:

yep like said check to see if ya head unit has an AUX line input, if so use this.

was quite adament that I cannot incorporate an additional mp3 player within the existing set-up,without removing one of the other units.

thats false, but in all hounesty it would be worth investing in a new head unit with MP3, and it would be easyier if you had aftermarket amps, as you could make a line spliter, and get an isolated switching unit to switch from the line of your head unit and the line out of your mp3 player

vince

• 4 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

why not swap your existing changer for an mp3 changer - if you are satisfied with the sound production of your current unit?