Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi, Newbie

Stoatman

Hi everyone have just bought a T sport and need a few accessories that were not included.

1) I am needing a new set of mats, are they special ones just for the T sport i can get from a dealer. Or has anyone got any recomendations ?

2) I'm needed a service book where all the dealer stamps are put. The car did not come with one as it was a fleet car. Got a printout of its history though. Can i get one of these from the dealer ?

3) The kick from the VVTi system comes in around 6000 rpm. Is this normal. Is there any modification you can make to have this kick in at a lower figure ?

Thanks in advance

chris

mats are mats right? they are only gonna get dirty anyway!

you can get the service history books off eBay...i remember some being sold a while back.

As for the lift, there is no need for it to be lower....as if you plan on driving the engine hard changing gear at 8,500k wont put the engine speed below 6k for the next gear so you'l always be in lift.

Does that make sense? :P

I bought my TSport a couple of weeks ago and haggled for some mats. The dealear says they cost about £80 for the proper TSport one's, but i managed to get him to include brand new mats. :D

As for the service book, I'm sure you can get/buy one from the service desks at Toyota.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah i suppose mats are mats but i would really like the official ones just for completeness really.

I suppose a trip down to the dealer is needed.

The only reason i would like the VVTi revs lowered is that it feels a bit unnatural to rev a car that hard. I am sure i will get used to it. The kick is so cool that i just want to have it lower so it stays with me for longer :)

i hear where your coming from...but whats the point in having a car with 190hp and driving it like it was a 1 litre clio? ;)

http://www.autostyle.co.uk

They're fantastic for custom made mats. Had a set made for my last car using just their different colours and text suggestions. They lasted three years without so much as a bobble lifting. Also had the metal heelplate. Cost about £85

Now I want something cool but understated so I'm talking to them about custom making me a set with the two front mats having Celica down the side, carpet heal reinforcement and then the T-Sport logo on the centre of the mats in the proper colours. I'm going to have a black mat with thunder grey piping. Should look awesome, but may cost just over £120. Worth it I reckon for the 'custom' look. :D

http://www.autostyle.co.uk

They're fantastic for custom made mats.  Had a set made for my last car using just their different colours and text suggestions.  They lasted three years without so much as a bobble lifting.  Also had the metal heelplate.  Cost about £85

Now I want something cool but understated so I'm talking to them about custom making me a set with the two front mats having Celica down the side, carpet heal reinforcement and then the T-Sport logo on the centre of the mats in the proper colours.  I'm going to have a black mat with thunder grey piping.  Should look awesome, but may cost just over £120.  Worth it I reckon for the 'custom' look.  :D

cash to burn ;)

1) I am needing a new set of mats, are they special ones just for the T sport i can get from a dealer. Or has anyone got any recomendations ?

2) I'm needed a service book where all the dealer stamps are put. The car did not come with one as it was a fleet car. Got a printout of its history though. Can i get one of these from the dealer ?

3) The kick from the VVTi system comes in around 6000 rpm. Is this normal. Is there any modification you can make to have this kick in at a lower figure ?

The T Sport mats have the double T logo on the front pair and look quite good, got mine from the dealer with the car. They are pretty durable and obviously easier to clean than the carpet :D

The dealer should be able to get a record of your car's Toyota service history from the computer and then supply a book with each service stamped.

The engine produces a high specific power output because it has been tuned to work well at high revs. It's not trivial to move the onset of the power from the high cam much lower, but Lotus has done this for the 50 supercharged Exiges which were made recently.

I think the power starts there at about 4000rpm or so, but I don't know what fixes thay have made to get that behaviour. Might be just the supercharger engaging, or they might have fiddled with the cam profiles.

Paul.