Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Putting A T25 Turbo On A T-sport

MrB

this is a Scion xB:

ScionXb1.jpg

and this is the engine:

ScionxBEngine.jpg

Ive looked High and low for a turbo suited for the Yaris/Echo/Vitz and been very unsuccessful, until i came across this little scion. As it has the exact same 1.5L engine from the T-Sport and there are a few Companies in america who sell Garrett Turbos for this model.

I would like to know (to confirm my suspicions) with a few minor adjustments, is this possible to fit into a Yaris Engine Bay, if it is i may be looking at getting one by the end of next yr (after i finish uni).

Cheers for any advice/help on this subject

Andy (MrB)

may have been answered before but whats wrong with a yaris t sport turbo?

if u want more power mod he yaris one...

no idea

is it the same turbo as the scion?

am i just getting confused? i thought the scion and yaris were the same engine, but how come uve found no turbo for thge yaris when one is available?

its all been discussed before.yes they uses the same engine, and no the engine bays are not the same size, so you spend all your birthday money on one, it comes from america and it wont fit between the manifold + the bulkhead...... who knos...... just go for the TTE supercharger it fits and you can fuel it. as fueling is the problem you have with foreign turbo's the Tsport turbo also uses a jap ECU. its all been discussed before, do a search and find all the info you want. if this starts to drag on about the same crap it will be beans on toast.

Or even better get one of these babies in your car. This is fitted to our Vitz RS to control the engine functions including the supercharger...Its an HKS F-Con Pro gold edition ecu..... :D

Yarisecu.jpg

it depends how much boost you are running. the yaris ecu WILL cope with a LPT (low pressure turbo). lets face it boost is boost so if the stock fuel system can supply enough fuel for a charger then there is no reason it wont just cos its a turbo! yes you may need a fuel controller to fine tune it but it will work

plus the fact that if you need more fuel than the stock system can supply then the pistons will prolly be toast anyway.

i admire ppl who want to go a different route to the norm. as i have said in the past, some people lead others follow like sheep!

i admire ppl who want to go a different route to the norm. as i have said in the past, some people lead others follow like sheep!

:rolleyes: i wonder where i got my siggy from :rolleyes:

thanks lee :thumbsup:

i do agree with you too, as there is loads of fuel fed into mine :lol:

then the injectors, fuel rail + fuel pump. more than just buying a turbo kit.

As Lee said the mapper's will take you to nearly 100% duty cycle at full chat but turn down the boost to suit the car so no need for all that mate ;)

I'm running 70bhp above at nearly full duty and i know i need all that to go above plus more but i'm happy atm so i don't see a prob with it.

They tried for 1.3 bar but hit fuel cut straightaway and tbh i wasn't happy going for that so i told them to tone it down rather than go for 1.2 on the next run.

So at the end of the day the mapper's will only install a map that you can run safely and not hit fuel cut or cause internal damage so their's no probs in running an aftermarket turbo kit in a Yaris, i only pointed out the G-Readdy btw as it is one of the cheapest option's going ;)

I don' t undestand why fueling is such a big problem. HKS says that with this boost the stock injectors are enough. Why should I argue with that ? HKS is a very big company and I don' t thing they would risk their name and fame. They say that with their kit 1NZ makes 150 HP. Why should anyone want from an everyday small hatchback more horsepower...We should always have in mind, OUR handling capabilities...

Even if the included piggy back ecu is not tuned to every country's gas, you can replace it with another piggy-back ECU to make it work perfectly. The mechanical parts are the best. If someone wants more boost and bigger injectors, the injectors from 2ZZ are perfect !

The real problems are money and insurance issues ... :(

Greddy emanage! its a total doddle! im fed up of telling people!

ive got the wiring diagram here when i fitted it to my MR2, i checked my own car! it tallys 100% there is NO fuelling issues!

:!Removed!: