Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Rav4 Xt-r

prince

Are the Window Tints on this Model "Midnight" Tints as in Tints come in Light Smoke, smoke, Midnight and then Limo Tints

Hi Prince,

I thought about having the front windows done on my XTR, which I now find is illegal, and spoke to a guy who tints windows and he explained they were, in his view, light smoke on the rear windows.

I've seen an XTR with all the windows tinted, but apparently you can be fined for reducing the drivers vision, if the law stops you.

The window tint guy said the front windows must allow in 85% of the available light and the very slight tint that is in most car glass reduces the available light in some cases to 90%. Therefore there ain't much left for tinting.

The only exception is cars built before a certain year, but I don't have a clue what that is.

Hope that helps, N

Hi Prince,

I thought about having the front windows done on my XTR, which I now find is illegal, and spoke to a guy who tints windows and he explained they were, in his view, light smoke on the rear windows.

I've seen an XTR with all the windows tinted, but apparently you can be fined for reducing the drivers vision, if the law stops you.

The window tint guy said the front windows must allow in 85% of the available light and the very slight tint that is in most car glass reduces the available light in some cases to 90%. Therefore there ain't much left for tinting.

The only exception is cars built before a certain year, but I don't have a clue what that is.

Hope that helps, N

Thanks for the reply; I was under the impression and secretly hoping that the Tints on the XT-R were midnight the website brochure makes them look dark which is probably why I thought that. I am going to have to talk to the Dealer about it as he talked me in to going for the XT-R plus leather instead of the XT-4 as it makes better money sense. But my plan for the XT-4 was to get midnight in the rear and Light Smoke in the front, risky idea for the front but I had the same thing done on my present car (Avensis) and so far I haven’t had any problems with the police. Then again I could easily leave with what comes with XT-R and hope the Light smoke in the front completes the look for the better.

I have just bought an XT-R (carbon quartz) with leather seats. Definatly a better choice than the XT-4. The tinted widows are pretty dark from the outside, i was also thinking of getting the fromt passanger windows done to match up the sides but i heard it was illegal. One optional extra worth thinking about is the step boards, i saw an identical Rav to mine the other day with sideboards and it looked very cool.

Hi Prince,

Hope that helps, N

Thanks for the reply; I was under the impression and secretly hoping that the Tints on the XT-R were midnight the website brochure makes them look dark which is probably why I thought that. I am going to have to talk to the Dealer about it as he talked me in to going for the XT-R plus leather instead of the XT-4 as it makes better money sense. But my plan for the XT-4 was to get midnight in the rear and Light Smoke in the front, risky idea for the front but I had the same thing done on my present car (Avensis) and so far I haven’t had any problems with the police. Then again I could easily leave with what comes with XT-R and hope the Light smoke in the front completes the look for the better.

I was thinking about getting the Side Steps but the only reservation I have is that with the side steps the Ground clearance on the side is reduced, it looks good though that’s a definite

Also on the subject of accessories I had a look at the Toyota Europe Website, where for the RAV4 at least you can play around with Interactive accessories adding options and getting an accurate idea of how it would look, and in doing so I also noticed that for the Audio accessories they have an option for a Six disk Front loading In dash CD Changer coupled with a single Slot CD and AM/FM RDS radio the whole Unit is the exact shape & size of the Standerd unit so it would perfectly fit in place of it , I asked my local dealer about it as the only one shown in the UK Brochure is a Under passenger Seat CD changer, the dealer didn’t even Know that something like that was available for the RAV4 and secondly he said that if Toyota UK don’t bring it then they can’t get it.

The X-Trail and Freelander have an In dash Cd changer in their model range, and I would have thought that Toyota UK would be a little more clued up notice that and also do the same for the RAV4 by bringing that unit shown on the Toyota Europe Website to the UK.

Following on with my earlier posting, my car is also the XTR in Carbon Quartz with leather and I've added the side steps, which I think makes the car looking totally different, but does reduce the ground clearance. I have just come back from a holiday in Wales and had the chance to see if the side steps got in the way on rough ground, seemed to clear it fine. I've had a few comments about how nice the car looks and will have have to post a few photos.

N

Hi guys I`ve just been trying to buy a XT-R in Carbon Quartz (Auto) & was told that I would have to wait about 12 weeks for the car to come to England for delivery etc.

Toyota have just started another build of these XT-R`s because of the high demand. This is just an infill gap before the new RAV4`s are here about February 06. However I have just looked at & driven a Carbon Quartz XT4 Auto that has done 2200 miles & is 6 months old. Toyota have agreed to do the tints as per the XT-R for free along with mats the car also has rear reversing sensors.

Well we have done the deal & I pick up the car in 2 weeks, full service & change my personal plates over etc.

I have also just bought the extended rear door bracket (68650-42040) it was actually in stock but they can`t fit it because of the legalities. I have also bought the reflective tape for the inside of the rear door on e-bay.

This will be my 3rd RAV4 I had the GX then the X3 & have just traded my Lexus RX300-SE in for the above RAV. The Lexus is just to much especially the hand/foot brake what a pain that is in traffic.

I do love the RAV`s :yes:

I rang my Local dealer yesterday to get an update and he told me my XT-R which I have ordered with Auto, Leather and Chrome Collection should arrive in 7-10 days, the colour is black, it seems an impressive lead time over the 12 Weeks quoted to you, so to be safe I going to drop in to the dealership to make sure it's accurate and it's not just a string along.

Hi guys I`ve just been trying to buy a XT-R in Carbon Quartz (Auto) & was told that I would have to wait about 12 weeks for the car to come to England for delivery etc.

Toyota have just started another build of these XT-R`s because of the high demand. This is just an infill gap before the new RAV4`s are here about February 06. However I have just looked at & driven a Carbon Quartz XT4 Auto that has done 2200 miles & is 6 months old. Toyota have agreed to do the tints as per the XT-R for free along with mats the car also has rear reversing sensors.

Well we have done the deal & I pick up the car in 2 weeks, full service & change my personal plates over etc.

I have also just bought the extended rear door bracket (68650-42040) it was actually in stock but they can`t fit it because of the legalites. I have also bought the reflective tape for the inside of the rear door on e-bay.

This will be my 3rd RAV4 I had the GX then the X3 & have just traded my Lexus RX300-SE in for the above RAV. The Lexus is just to much especially the hand/foot brake what a pain that is in traffic.

I do love the RAV`s  :yes:

Prince I think the 12 weeks was because of the Carbon Quartz not being available.

Other colurs might not be effected as bad. It seems Carbon Quartz has over taken the popular Argenta.

I checked with the dealer and he said the date quoted to me is pretty much definite. I asked about the lead time as of now for the XT-R and he said that the average wait has gone up and still climbing, especially the most popular colours carbon quartz is in that category as you said earlier.

Incidentally Toyota hasn’t confirmed a 3 door version of the 2006 RAV4, surprising as this was very popular too, but I wonder if they will continue production of the 3 door version and sell it along side the new 5 door.

Prince I think the 12 weeks was because of the Carbon Quartz not being available.

Other colurs might not be effected as bad. It seems Carbon Quartz has over taken the popular Argenta.