Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Problems!

sewelly

I have a Rev 1 1990 G-Limited. It seems like all the clutch fluid has all ran out because theres no pressure when the peddle is pushed down and it wont engage or disengaage gears. Any body got any ideas why??? and how can it be fixed??

Guess this is this months problem then!!!! more :censor: money in to the baby!

Cheers in advance

Check the seals on your Master and Slave Cylinders.... if the fluid is leaking past the seals then it will feel spongy... and wont disengage gears because you arent fully engaging clutch with pedal depressed... as the fluid seeps past the seals and the system doesnt contain pressure.... This was the problem with mine...

The Slave Cylinder is in the back... and if its visibly wet with fluid that is usually the culprit... but if dry.... check the master.. the master is generally the one that goes.. but slave is easier to check :thumbsup:

The Master is under the front bonnet towards the back.. and more difficult to tell if its leaking cause it would leak back into the reservoir...

You can generally pick up a new master cylinder for around £70 or so from a motor factor... I got mine (a blue print) and its been brilliant.

Also bleeding the fluid will also get out all that niggly air which wont help if its got in... so might be best to do this first just in case ;)

Hope you get it sorted hon :thumbsup:

Ive checked at the slave in the engine and that seems to be the problem. Just for my own knowledge where abouts in the front is the master cylinder???

:thumbsup:

Hi hon,

Master Cylinder looks like in the following picture, except thats on a US LHD car and so on your car the Master Cylinder will be more towards the left of the middle... if you get what i mean:

location.jpg

The fulle writeup on how to refurb the seals where i got that piccy is here:

Refurbing the Master Cylinder

A new slave cylinder will prolly set you back around £30 ish I think for a new/refurbed one

:thumbsup:

Sorry to hijack the topic but does the mk1 have a hydraulic clutch or a cable clutch? without me having to go and have a look

T x

Think i will go and have a look, thanks anyway jj, there arnt many peeps on mk1 forum at this time of day - didnt wanna go outside im tucked up with some chicken soup and a snotty nose! lol :(

Oi Tegan get off my thread you kidnapper you!!! haha Cheers Jayden great help hun. Will check it out tonight when i get home. Have already ordered a new slave res..

Cheers again!!!

Yeah hope you get it sorted Sewelly :thumbsup: I know my Skye was like a new car after I'd fitted the new master cylinder :)

Oh n Teegs.. its deffo a hydraulic one for mk1 :)