Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warnings Indicators

davemh

In January I bought a ‘91 2.0L Avensis (my first Toyota). While on holiday the malfunction indicator together with the VSC & traction warnings came on & the engine started to run rough. I tried a few restarts to no avail & made for the nearest dealer. On the way every thing came back to normal. The dealer said the they could do nothing unless the fault was present & suggested it may have been caused by poor fuel, ie from a supermarket source, & I should always use a branded fuel. After some 2000 miles (only on branded fuel ) the VSC warning appeared on it’s own, but cleared with a single re-start.

Anyone else had this problem?

Yes.

Engine Management light together with the VSC and Traction Control warning lights on my 04 Avensis Verso. Only difference was that the engine seemed to run fine.

It has happend treee times in all, within a month, and each time resolved itself. The longest time the lights have been on has been 20 minutes before going off.

It has happened when cold (twice) during the school run, and once when hot in the evening.

I use the same Esso petrol station (at least during this period).

I spoke to the Dealership, who seemed very unconcerned about it. They said if it persisted, bring it in. I did get them to put the car on the diagnostics and it came up with no fault found. It has not happend again for three or four months.

In January I bought a ‘91 2.0L Avensis (my first Toyota). While on holiday the malfunction indicator together with the VSC & traction warnings came on & the engine started to run rough. I tried a few restarts to no avail & made for the nearest dealer. On the way every thing came back to normal. The dealer said the they  could do nothing unless the fault was present & suggested it may have been caused by poor fuel, ie from a supermarket source, & I should always use a branded fuel. After some 2000 miles (only on branded fuel ) the VSC warning appeared on it’s own, but cleared  with a single re-start.

Anyone else had this problem?