Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quickshifter For Ts

TSpot

I got the quickshifter for the Scion from the US tonight and will try to install it tomorrow. Inside the box you get the English instructions for Scion and Japanese instructions. The part number in the Japanese instructions (which is also printed on the shifter) is the same number as for the Vitz quickshifter in the TRD site. the instructions are for SCP10.

I see no reason for complications in installing. I'll report.

My short shifter is a perrin one designed for the scion xb - and it went on without too much hassle - well from what Im told as little hassle as any shifter requires!

Look forward to seeing/hearing the results mate

should be the same mechanism, just a matter of different linkages etc...

Hey mates,

TRD Quickshifter was installed today. Half hour work and no complication. The new shifter's bushings with no rubber cushions make the shifting more firm and precise. Shifts are smoother and quicker.

Regrettably I can't post pictures here. <_<

the t sport gearbox is really nice standard and very close ratio dont see the point changing it

the t sport gearbox is really nice standard and very close ratio dont see the point changing it

You arent changing the gearbox (you do realise how hard that is?)

You are changing the stick, which reduces throw.

A littler action for the same movement

You arent changing the gearbox (you do realise how hard that is?)

You are changing the stick, which reduces throw.

A littler action for the same movement

:thumbsup: As seen in the picture, you change the shifter to a shorter, more precised one. Obviously it has no effect on the gear shifts' ratio.

i know this i worded it badly but the throw is short and sweet already why mess with it

i know this i worded it badly but the throw is short and sweet already why mess with it

Well - you feel the difference. I trust that TRD produced this one for a reason, and you do get shorter and more precise shifts which feel better.

is it stiffer to get it into gear. m dad has a short shift on his car and its so short but stiifer as well which im not 2 keen on

it will be, well itll require more "effort" to engage gears but it feels normal after like a week (thats what the brother said anyway)

Its not for some people

cause its like stiring a wooden spoon round in a blocked toilet :lol:

so short shifters are basically just shortend gear sticks?

No. They are shortened throws. To put it into perspective... say when you go from neutral to 3rd now you move the gearstick 4 inches, well with the quickshift it'll take 2 inches. Yes, the stick may be lower, but the primary job is to reduce the throw, therefore making it quicker, easier and more precise to swop the cogs.

Dont beleive this (takes a deep breath) - Moffmos right!

After a couple of days you just get used to it then its only when you step into someone elses car that you notice the difference...

short shifters are a pounds for performance mod

if you can notch through the gears quicker your gonna be accelerating quicker!