Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Foggy Windows

m_hood

Hi,

I purchased a '91 Celica GTi 16 in April, and therfore I am coming up to my first winter in the car. I have so far had quite bad problems with the windows becoming Very misty when raining outside, even with only one person inside.

I have had the fans on full blast, at ridiculously hot heats at times but still the windows remain heavily misted. I discovered recently that if I lower the sunvisor, some of the heat is reflected back onto the window which helps a little but I am concerned to know if other drivers experience this problem in their Celica ?

If so, does anyone have any tips or advice on how to curb this problem where possible ?

Cheers.

I had this problem aswell but there are 2 heater settings one that uses the air in the car and one that uses air from the outside use the setting air coming from the outside that should cure your problem it did for me.

as when you use air from outside it is fresh air all the time but the other setting your just circulating the air around the car hence the damp air.

Hope this helps

Also try treating the windows with MistX - it's the 'sister' product of RainX. Rub it on the inside of the windows and it drastically reduces the amount of mist buildup. YOu can get it from Halfrauds.

Also, RainX on the windscreen in the winter really helps. Is a bit of a pain to apply (takes about 10mins) but it means you can basically drive on the motorway at 70mph+ and hardly even need to use the windscreen wipers!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice fellas. I never thought to use that switch, and I will also look into the RainX product as the sound of the wipers bouncing off the windscreen at 70+ (not that I go any faster than that of course!!) is a bit annoying.

Cheers.

Yep, make sure the recirc button isn't pressed on the heater controls. :thumbsup:

Failing that, you could have a leaking heater matrix (like a few others have recently discovered), but then I would have thought you'd have a strong smell of antifreeze in the car.

Shame you haven't got aircon. That clears the windows very very quickly

And weighs a zillion tons. :unsure: Why do you think god gave you leccy window motors???? :D

i have same prob with mine ive found that if u just open both windows a touch it clears really quickly :thumbsup:

serves me right for diconnectin the aircon

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links