Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

yaris_girl

Has anyone ever had a problem with the central locking? The past week or so mines has been playing up - opening/locking one minute, nothing the next. I was stuck in a car park trying to lock it for 5 minutes! At first i thought it was the key Battery (even though the cars only 3 months old, so the Battery should be fine), but its happening with the spare.

I'll take it to toyota, but does anyone know what the problem might be?

aer ur keys bein put anywhere cold. cos i had it where they were stored somewhere cold in the house and it wouldnt work at all until i warmed them up

aer ur keys bein put anywhere cold. cos i had it where they were stored somewhere cold in the house and it wouldnt work at all until i warmed them up

I had been driving for about 20 minutes before i got stuck in the car park, and i always have the car reasonably warm. :huh: Might be a shout though. B)

Unless it's interference from Radio Signals of some kind?

Hope you get it sorted...

And don't forget about your doors being closed properly ....... I was getting really :censor: off with my remote central locking as it wouldn't lock the car, it took me 5 mins to work out that it wasn't locking because the passengers door wasn't shut properly!

I look back at it and laugh now :lol:

Unless it's interference from Radio Signals of some kind?

Hope you get it sorted...

And don't forget about your doors being closed properly ....... I was getting really :censor: off with my remote central locking as it wouldn't lock the car, it took me 5 mins to work out that it wasn't locking because the passengers door wasn't shut properly!

I look back at it and laugh now :lol:

:D Definitely not that as it eventually locked after about 5 minutes without me opening/closing the door again.

u might have parked near another toyota, which sometimes delays the signal....when all off our toyota are parked next to each other on the drive(all 4 off them) and u go to unlock any one of them...there is sometimes a split second delay in opening/closing with remote locking.....jus a thought

u might have parked near another toyota, which sometimes delays the signal....when all off our toyota are parked next to each other on the drive(all 4 off them) and u go to unlock any one of them...there is sometimes a split second delay in opening/closing with remote locking.....jus a thought

Had a similar problem at JAE this year ................with all the Yariis around :thumbsup:

And don't forget about your doors being closed properly ....... I was getting really  :censor:  off with my remote central locking as it wouldn't lock the car, it took me 5 mins to work out that it wasn't locking because the passengers door wasn't shut properly!

I look back at it and laugh now  :lol:

:lol: I did exactly the same thing! Thank god it's not just me :P