Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Conversion

dawolf

There seem to be lots of individual turbo parts for sale on e-bay quite cheap at the moment. I'm currently looking to convert my N/A. The thing is I'm no expert on mechanics so although more costly I'm guessing it's best to just buy a complete engine and ancillaries from a breaker rather than the separate parts? I don't want to make things complicated.

Also, would it be at all possible to uprate my N/A engine with all the necessary parts and then buy the turbo, ECU and clutch separately? Would prefer that as I know it's history.

Cheers.

There seem to be lots of individual turbo parts for sale on e-bay quite cheap at the moment. I'm currently looking to convert my N/A. The thing is I'm no expert on mechanics so although more costly I'm guessing it's best to just buy a complete engine and ancillaries from a breaker rather than the separate parts? I don't want to make things complicated.

Also, would it be at all possible to uprate my N/A engine with all the necessary parts and then buy the turbo, ECU and clutch separately? Would prefer that as I know it's history.

Cheers.

Unless you really know what you're doing, I would think that trading your N/A in for a Tubby would be the way forward.

it is very possible

look into the net somwhere and there is info on converting the GE to GTE :yes:

in fact ken may be able to put you in the correct direction? maybe?

Well, these are the main reasons I want to do it:

1) I know that my car is in good nick (except gearbox but would get a new one with engine transplant).

2) I have spent money sorting the looks.

3) I want to make it a 'sleeper' by keeping it looking like a G-Ltd.

4) It is a hassle and time consuming selling mine then sourcing a good turbo.

The main downsides are:

1) Reliability - depending on the fitter.

2) May be without car for several weeks.

3) Could be quite costly due to number of parts needed.

speak to rouge systems mate,

firstly u have to deal with the the compression ratio, as the na has a higher compression compared to turbo engines, you will need to !Removed! the timing on your na too and also something to do with needing a air flow meter or something,

be alot cheeper and easier to get hold off an engine,

im converting my car after xmas, my mate said why dont u sell it and buy a tubby...no coss the hassle of finding a good turbo, selling mine or gettin a crap price by tradding it in. and modifications ive done to it etc etc etc

Rogue can supply all the parts for £1500 whilst Fensport can supply them for £1250. Been told that fitting would cost around £800-£1000. This makes a total of over 2 grand, didn't realise it would cost so much. Gonna stick with the N/A until after xmas then decide what to do. Probably buy a nice turbo, transfer the mods then sell mine.

the tubby block is slightly different to the N/A in that it has oil squirters to spray oil under the pistons for added cooling.

the pistons them selves are different too they are not only stronger but also lower compression.

also there is a drilling in the block for the turbo oil feeb and a connector on the sump for tubby oil return.

all in all it would be best to get a complete engine, box, and ecu/loom.

the rest is just spanner work :thumbsup: