Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Mirror Fitting

CrimsonClaire

:help:

Hi, this is Claire in Cyprus again,

some unmentionable person has STOLEN my right wing mirror - pulled the glass plate from the setting, and off they walked. I was at a loss as to why anyone would do this until I called the dealer to try and a new mirror (just the actual glass as the moving plastic plate it affixes to in the mirrror unit is all fine) - it costs 150 cyprus quid minimum, (thats about 180 UK) not including fixing the !Removed! thing. Because apparently wing mirrors for electric mirrors are different to manual/standstill ones so they can't use one of those, and the Cyprus dealership doesn't import cars with electric mirrors it says, so will have to import the whole damn unit from Japan. I can not believe this is the only way around the situation.

From what I understand, mirrors for electric fittings have some kind of 'knob' attached to the back - in my case four of them - to go into the four little holes of the plastic moving plate in the actual unit in which if shifts. Is this right? How do you attach a mirror to the plastic moving plate otherwise?

The weather is still lovely over here, so I am currently driving around with a mirror I had cut at the glass shop for a pound held in with blue tack so as not risk damaging the plastic plate by gluing it, but I can't see this being a long term solution. But ONE POUND to have a mirror cut to measure my car to 150 is a huge jump! While I don't condone someone pinching my mirror to get out of the expense, I can scarily understand their reasoning. How do you guys get around this?

Why you go to the dealer?

Give Diamond autoparts a call; They've normally got a big selection of spare parts for Jap cars, such as yours

If i could find their number in the yellow pages i'd give it to you, but i'm pretty sure they've got stores in all of Cyprus

The glass just clips in. Mine are electric and some twiddle faced ubik knocked mine off (that's me by the way!)... thankfully it didn't shatter, so i just clipped it back in and it's fine!

Thanks guys,

good to know the glass just clips in, as all I need in the glass.

Also pleased to see another Paphian - thought I was the only fraud posting on a UK forum when I live in Cyprus :thumbsup:

Will look up Diamond Autoparts. I called the dealer as the mechanic I went to said they don't carry spare parts for my car. Didn't think that could be right when every third car here seems to be a Yaris!

Claire

Why you go to the dealer?

Give Diamond autoparts a call; They've normally got a big selection of spare parts for Jap cars, such as yours

If i could find their number in the yellow pages i'd give it to you, but i'm pretty sure they've got stores in all of Cyprus

Thanks Ross,

spoke with Petros, who knew exactly what I was talking about although I would still have to get the whole unit as they don't sell the mirror alone - but at least it was 40 pounds rather than dealer rate. He doesn't have any right side mirrors though - so the hunt continues with Andreas in Mesogi, who Petros recommended.

Thanks

Claire

There ya go we see ;) If yopu have no luck, give us a shout, I know of another spares guy here who i've got some things from in the past, I can get you a telephone number :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links